- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
An easy recipe for Perfect American Pancakes
This pancake recipe really is quick and easy - and pancakes are filling, cheap and delicious - not only will your family and friends' tummies be happy and full - you're bank balance will be fuller too.
..... and for more fabulous recipes don't forget to follow me on Pinterest
This really is the one thing I turn to when I have hungry kids or friends over and there's practically nothing in the cupboards and I don't want to spend hours cooking. They are very filling and extremely cheap to make, feeding four people till they're full with some flour, eggs and milk has got to be a winner.
I was really shocked the other day in a supermarket to discover that they sell pancake batter, and at the price of it, when it's this easy to make you don't need to spend a fortune, this is a very quick and easy recipe, and everyone loves them, you may think you've made too many but trust me they will disappear in a blink of an eye and they'll still want more.
You can have your pancakes any size you like, my kids like a stack of smaller ones, and younger kiddies like theirs Mickey Mouse-shaped, and if you don't want to stand for ages I suggest you do plate sized ones like the one above. Add some cocoa powder to replace some of the flour and you can have chocolate ones, use the different colors and create pandas, or swirly patterns on your pancakes - fun and food at the same time - the kids will love it - so will the adults!
The ingredients for this are really easy to remember and you can either whisk them by hand or put them all in a food processor and blitz and this amount will feed 4 people.
2 cups of Self-Raising Flour
2 cups of Whole Milk
2 Large Free Range Eggs
1 teaspoon of Salt
2 tablespoons of Sugar
- Place all the above ingredients into a food processor and blitz till you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into a pouring jug.
- Leave to stand for about 20 minutes, I normally set the table while this is happening or make a cup of tea.
- Add a knob of butter to a non-stick frying pan on a medium to low flame.
- Pour your batter into the frying pan in any size or shape that you fancy.
- And when they start to bubble it is time to flip them over.
- Cook for a few more minutes on the second side until golden brown.
Some of our Favourite Serving Suggestions:
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice, caster sugar and golden syrup.
- Greek yogurt and fruit compote.
- Chocolate sauce and strawberries.
- Love the taste of lemon but find fresh lemon juice a little too tart? Then squeeze the lemon juice into a small non-stick frying pan, add some sugar to taste and heat until it bubbles together and the sugar melts. Sweet, sticky hot lemon dressing - perfect for your pancakes.
- Chocolate chips - well I tried the cookies and loved them so I thought I'd try it with pancakes and guess what? It was great!
When you first pour the batter into the frying pan it is an ideal moment to sprinkle them with chopped fresh fruit or whole blueberries, you don't have to push them down into the batter, as it cooks it will rise to cover the fruit, very, very delicious.
♥ Blueberry and Pineapple Pancakes are my favorite ♥
And just when you thought it couldn't get better .... perfect pancake sauce. This is sweet and simply divine, go on you'll never buy bottled sauces again - you can't beat this!
Other Pancake Recipes You Might Love:
- The Web's Tastiest: Pancakes Recipes | Kid Crave
Everyone knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So of course you want to get off to a good, healthy start. However, anyone with kids
- Banana Pancake Recipe
Family Banana Pancake Recipe tested over the years. I hope you will also enjoy your breakfast with banana pancake.
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Cinnamon roll pancakes! The perfect combination of your two favorite breakfast foods!
- Potato Pancakes Recipe- Just Like Mom's, But Easier
Make this easy Potato Pancake Recipe using your blender. Your potato pancakes will be just as good at Mother used to make with lots less effort. Serve with applesauce and sour cream for a delicious meatless dinner.
- World Famous Blueberry Pancakes Recipe
- Cracker Barrel-Style Pancakes Recipe
Cracker Barrel's pancakes are light and fluffy with crisp edges. You can buy an expensive mix in their gift shop, but why not try making them at home? Learn about a secret ingredient and special method that will produce similar pancakes at home.
- Easy and Elegant Dessert Pancake
Gourmet Magazine's Oven Crespella with Nutella Sauce. This dessert is hands-down THE best dessert I have ever made.