- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes
Cafe del Rey Peach Sangria recipe
Cafe del Ray
A good friend of mine gave me this Peach Sangria recipe that is so well loved at the popular Cafe Del Rey restaurant in Marina Del Rey, CA. This restaurant serves food that is Inspired by the coastal towns of the Mediterranean. With an extensive wine list featuring labels from around the world, they offer options by the glass, or bottle. This restaurant has stunning views of the marina and upholds the reputation of being one of the most romantic restaurants to go to.
This Peach Sangria Wine recipe is absolutely so refreshing, and with every drink your mouth is bursting with robust peach flavor. It is perfect for sitting on the porch and enjoying in your favorite rocking chair, or served in the glass for company coming to visit. You cant go wrong with this recipe, and you can say you made it yourself. Bring the Romantic Cafe Del Rey to your own home, and vision yourself sitting on the marina and watching the sunset.
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 1 Big Bottle Pinot Grigio
- 2 Tablespoons Apricot Brandy
- 2 Tablespoons Peach Schnapps
- 3 Big Peaches, Sliced
- 1 Orange, Sliced in wheels
- 1 Lemon, Sliced in wheels
- 1 Lime, Sliced in wheels
- 1 Liter Soda water, or Sprite
- The first thing we need to do is make a peach simple syrup for our wine. In a small saucepan on medium heat- combine the 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla,1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Heat until sugar is dissolved, while stirring. Remove from heat.
- Strain the syrup thru a fine mesh strainer to catch the red pepper flakes. Discard the pepper flakes, and set aside our syrup to cool.
- In a large pitcher combine the Bottle of Wine, 2 Tablespoons Brandy, 2 Tablespoons peach schnapps, 1/2 cup peach syrup. Stir in the Orange slices; lemon slices; lime slices, peach slices. Refrigerate for 48 hours.
- To serve, fill a glass with 3/4 cup of sangria, add in the glass a couple peaches or lemons from the pitcher, and top with Soda water, or Sprite depending on the sweetness desired. Serve immediately
Traditional Sangria Pitcher
If Peaches are not in season- you can substitute 1 Jar of Peaches packed in water or light syrup drained. This is just as good as fresh.
If you like your wine sweeter- you can use all of your peach syrup instead of 1/2 cup.
You can also use Sprite instead of Soda.
The fruit in the Sangria becomes absorbed with alcohol. It becomes very potent after 24 hours whether you use fresh peaches or jar peaches.
Take the Sangria Quiz
view quiz statistics