Cauliflower, Bacon, Macaroni And Cheese
About Cauliflower Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
My kids go crazy for mac and cheese and cauliflower with cheese sauce. So one night I was trying to choose between them for a side dish, why not mix them together. It was a huge hit with my family, even my youngest who can be a picky eater loved it. I started adding bacon to it because my husband is a bacon nut, and enjoys his mac and cheese with crispy bacon in it. So to make everyone happy I added it to this recipe as well. This is not one of my old recipes handed down to me like most of my recipes are, this is one I invented this year. I hope you enjoy and have fun playing around with it.
What You Need
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 5 thick slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb of macaroni pasta
- 1/4 c Butter
- 1/4 c flour
- 1 c sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1 c Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 c chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Topping mix
- 1 c Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 c jack cheese
- 1/4 c Parmesan cheese
What To Do
- Preheat oven to 350
- In fry pan cook the bacon with garlic, and onion over medium heat, until bacon is crispy
- Put the cauliflower florets in a pot with boiling water and let simmer until the cauliflower is fork tender, and drain
- Put pasta in to a pot of boiling water salted, and cook until a bit less than al dente
- melt the butter in a heavy pot. Add the flour and using a whisk, mix the butter and flour together until smooth. let cook for 3 minutes. add the milk, mix well until it is smooth and thick. Add the cheeses, spices, salt, pepper and mustard. Mix until the sauce is smooth
- Add pasta, cauliflower and bacon to the sauce. Toss to coat.
- Prepare a 9×13″ glass pan, greasing it with butter. pour in mac and cheese mix and spread out until even
- mix together topping items and sprinkle onto of mac and cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Enjoy
Mac And Cheese Poll
How Do You Like Your Mac N Cheese? Stove top Vs Baked!
Stove Top Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Cookbooks I Love
If You Like This Recipe, You Might Also Like These.
- How To Cook Fresh Green Beans With Bacon
Green Beans with Bacon is a easy side dish that is full of flavor that everyone will love, even picky eaters.
- Iced Strawberry Green Tea Recipe
Iced Strawberry Green Tea is a perfect summer dink, that you will fall in love with. The strawberry add a nice sweet touch and the green tea is so refreshing
- Crispy Buttermilk Fried Chicken
This recipe is for a overnight buttermilk soaked chicken. That turns out crispy and so juicy that your family will love it. Along with tips on how to care for a cast iron skillet.
- Old-Time Beef Stew
A true old fashion beef stew, that will fill your home with it's wonderful smell.