Cheesy Bacon Potato Casserole
Garlicky Creamy Cheesy Potato Casserole With Bacon
We love potatoes at my house, and I'm always trying to find or create new ways to serve them. Whenever I ask, "What kind of potatoes does every one want for dinner tonight?" The answer is usually mashed or garlic mashed. Yesterday I wanted something different and I was feeling a bit creative, so into the kitchen I went on a potato mission.
Please note the prep time includes boiling the potatoes and the cook time is for the oven.
Ingredients Needed For This Recipe
- 6 - 7 Yukon Gold or potatoes of your choice
- 6 - 8 slices of bacon
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup of old cheddar or cheese of your choice
- 4 - 5 green onions (scallions)
- 3 - 4 large cloves of garlic (more if you love garlic or you can omit the garlic all together)
- Fresh ground pepper
- Butter or margarine
How To Prepare
- Wash and cut the potatoes into cubes, then boil them. While the potatoes are cooking cut the bacon into small pieces and pan fry until they are almost crispy. Drain bacon on paper towels to soak up some of the bacon fat. Grate garlic into a paste and shred the cheese. Chop the onions.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Once potatoes are cooked mash with butter and milk. Stir in grated garlic, chopped onions and freshly ground black pepper.
- Put the potato mixture into a casserole dish and top with shredded cheese and cooked bacon. Place into the over and cook until cheese has melted, and bacon is crispy.
For Vegetarians you can still enjoy this dish by omitting the bacon.
No need to peel those potatoes
- Potatoes And Potato Peels Antitoxins Healthy Benefit...
There are healthy benefits to eating potato peels. Vitamins such as C and B6, potassium, manganese and copper can be found in the potatoes as well as the peel.
Other Hubs You May Enjoy
- Ultimate Gift For Cooks "Gourmet Garlic Grater"
Garlic grater to make any cooks job easier, faster without the use of a knife. Works on ginger, nuts, Parmesan cheese and more.
- Best Creamy Easy Garlic Mashed Potatoes - Favorite R...
Mashed potatoes can be an amazing food, especially with certain added ingredients. Try butter, sour cream, garlic, and skins on to make this homemade comforting decadent mashed potatoes recipe.
- Garlic For Your Health And More
Eating garlic or foods with garlic is very beneficial to your health and well being. Not only does it lower your blood pressure but it also improves your circulation and has many vitamins.