- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- East Asian Cuisine
Chicken With Chinese Black Bean Sauce Stir-Fried Recipe
Soybean is an essential ingredient in Chinese cooking. Its used to make tofu, soy milk, tofu skin, and traditional Chinese seasoning such as soy sauce and black bean sauce. You could be familiar with soy sauce, oyster sauce and hoisin sauce but not black bean sauce. In matter of fact, black bean sauce is important staple of every Chinese kitchen. This salty and pungent sauce is made of whole soybeans that have been fermented and salted in spice and salt. The fermentation and preservation process turn soybeans into soft, salty and black in color dry beans.
The black bean sauce is a favorite seasoning for stir-fries. If you are looking for a dish with intense flavor, you may love Chicken with Black Bean Stir-Fried. This is not an ordinary chicken stir-fry. Beautifully spiced with salty and pungent black bean sauce this easy stir-fry is great for any occasion. Juicy, succulent and savory chicken meat with aromatic black bean sauce is just melt in your mouth !.
Here is easy Chicken with Black Bean Sauce stir-fried recipe. You can get the fermented black bean sauce from Asian or Chinese grocery. There is nothing fancy here. The recipe itself is very easy to follow.
Ingredients You May Need
What You Need
Serves 2 - 4
1 lbs chicken meat, diced
1 small onion, sliced
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1/3 cup chicken broth
1 tsp Chinese rice wine
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tps salt
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 tbsp fermented black banes, rinsed
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine
1/4 tsp salt
Chinese Cook Books
How to Fix
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken and marinade ingredients. Stir to combine. Let it rest about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, ginger, fermented bean sauce, dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp rice wine and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Preheat a wok over high heat. Add in cooking oil. When hot, add cooking oil and onion. Stir-fry until onion is fragrant and soft. Add in the chicken pieces. Cook about 1 minute or until the chicken is light brown.
- Pour in the sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant . Then pour in the chicken broth and continue to stir-fry for 1 minutes or until the chicken is done. Last thrown in the spring onions. Stir to combine. Transfer to serving dish.
Stir-Fried Chicken in Black Bean Sauce Recipe
More Chinese Recipes
- Easy Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Tofu Recipe. How to make Chinese Stir fry!
- Stir-Fried Garlicky Shanghai Bok Choy. An Easy Vegetarian Dish
- Stir-Fried Chinese Beef Curry Recipe
- Easy Stir-Fried Eggs and Tomatoes Recipe. How to Make Easy Chinese Stir-Fry!
- Cooking with Kids - Quick and Easy Chinese Sesame Peanut Noodles Recipe
- Yang Chow Fried Rice Recipe
- Stir-Fried Water Spinach (Ong Choy) With Fermented Bean Curd Recipe. How To Make Vegetarian Stir-Fri
- Chinese Stir-Fried Shrimp With Sichuan Peppercorn Recipe
- Stir-Fried Asparagus with Spicy Sichuan Sauce Recipe. How to Cook Chinese Style Asparagus!
- Stir-Fried Yu Choy Sum With Oyster Sauce And Garlic Recipe
- Stir-Fried Mongolian Lamb Recipe
- Chinese Stir-Fried Clams With Bean Sauce And Chili. How to Stir-Fry Clams !
- Chinese Stir-Fried Lettuce With Garlic Recipe. A Quick And Easy Chinese Auspicious Dish.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Bean Sprouts With Bean Sauce Recipe. An Easy Vegetarian Dish
- Chinese Stir-Fried Chicken With Mango Recipe. How To Stir-Fry Mango !