Lamb and Veggie Chow Mein
I made this dish on the fly. I didn't take pictures of the steps, but it was easy and delicious. I had to make a hub of it! Even my mother-in-law, who usually won't go near lamb meat, loved it! I served the noodles with 'Chung's All Natural Potstickers' and 'Cascadian Farm's Organic Edamame' (both found in the frozen section of your grocery store). It was all very yummy and I highly recommend the meal to you if you like Chinese food!
- ½ lb Organic spaghetti
- 1 cup Sliced carrots
- 8 oz bag Frozen mushrooms
- 5-6 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Minced ginger
- ½ med onion, sliced thinly
- ¼ of a red bell pepper, Sliced thinly
- 1/2 lb of lamb meat, sliced thinly and small
- 1/2 tsp of marjoram
- 1/2 tsp of rosemary
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp of maggi seasoning
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 egg
- Olive oil spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the spaghetti in a sauce pan as directed on the box. Then leave it in the sauce pan.
- Spray a wok with Olive oil and add garlic, ginger, and onions until the aroma is released and then pour that on the noodles.
- Add a little more olive oil spray to the wok and then add the carrots, and mushrooms and cook until the carrots are tender. Then pour the carrots and mushrooms on the noodles in the saucepan.
- Spray a little more olive oil in the wok and add the lamb, marjoram, and rosemary. Cook the meat over med-high, stirring constantly so that it doesn't stick to the wok or itself, until the meat is crispy, and almost-but not burned. Add the slices of red bell pepper slices here so that the meat soaks up some of the flavor and cook until the slices become tender. There shouldn't be any grizzle left when you finish cooking the meat. Then pour the meat onto the noodles in the sauce pan.
- Crack an egg into the wok and fry it until the yolk is almost starting to harden, add the soy sauce, Maggi seasoning, and honey. Next add all the contents of the saucepan back into the wok. mix it all up (making sure the egg is broken up), add salt and pepper to taste. I served my noodles with pot stickers and Edamame. Serve and enjoy!
Other Asian inspired dishes
- You'll Want Seconds Green Curry Chicken and Rice
I owe this recipe to my husband. He was inspired one day and came up with this recipe. He tried to convey it to me, but I convinced him to help me in the kitchen. He he. I started on the rice and chicken and he worked on the sauce. I added a couple m
- Healthy and Delicious Sausage Fried Rice
My family loves to eat fried rice and I change up the recipes often depending on what I have in the refrigerator, hee hee. I usually use broccoli and chicken, but this time I had zucchini and chicken sausage. I thought it was delicious! If you try it
- Sweet and Sour Chicken and Veggies Empanadas
I love to make empanadas. My husband and I enjoy coming up with new things to fill them up with. I recently tried a sweet and sour chicken recipe that was delicious. So my husband says "I have the new empanada idea!" "that chicken you made, with carr