- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Healthy and Delicious Sausage Fried Rice
My family loves to eat fried rice and I change up the recipes often depending on what I have in the refrigerator, hee hee. I usually use broccoli and chicken, but this time I had zucchini and chicken sausage. I thought it was delicious! If you try it, I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 cup Brown rice
- 3/4 cup Organic baby carrots, cut horizontally (diameter of about a 1/4 inch)
- 1/2 lb Organic Hot Chicken Sausage, cooked then sliced thin
- 1+1+1/2 tblsp Organic Coconut oil, (1 for rice, 1 for veggies, and 1/2 for when you mix the 2)
- 1/2 + 1/4 tsp Salt, (1/2 for rice and 1/4 for veggies)
- 1/4 tsp Pepper, for veggies
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 3/4 cup Zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices, then cut those slices in half
- 1/2 cup Celery, diced
- 1 1/2 tblsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tblsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1+1 tblsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp "Maggi" seasoning, found in the Asian section
- 1 egg
- In a rice pot add the first tblsp of coconut oil and rice over a medium temperature. Coat the rice in the oil then add 1/2 tsp of salt and 2 cups of water. Add the carrots as well. Let the water boil then put foil over the top of the pot and cover with a lid to create a tight seal. Cook for 40 min. (For white rice use 11/2 cups of water and cook for 20 min)
- Now you can prep the veggies while the rice cooks. In a Wok add the second tblsp of coconut oil. Next add the onions, zucchini, and celery. Saute these veggies well. Then add the garlic, ginger, 1/4 tsp of salt, and 1/4 tsp of pepper. Cook until it all becomes aromatic then transfer this mix to a bowl.
- You can cook the sausage in the same wok so that you don't need more oil. Then slice them thinly.
- Clean the wok and then add the last 1/2 tblsp of coconut oil, scramble 1 egg with 1 tblsp of soy sauce then add the veggies, sausage, and cooked rice. Add 1 tblsp of soy sauce and 1 tsp of "Maggi" seasoning. Mix it all together and serve! Yummy!
Other Great Recipes
- Cast Iron Skillet Deep Dish Pizza
My husband had a craving for deep dish pizza, but he wanted to try something new. So he made a deep dish pizza in a cast iron skillet. It was yummy!
- Michelle's Banging Chicken Pot Pie
My husband loves chicken pot pie and so I borrowed from some great recipes and then did a little improvisation and Voila! It was, in my husband' words, "banging!!"
- Hearty Rice with Bacon, Black Beans, and Corn.
This rice is a meal by itself. It's hearty and tasty! It's great for when you want to make food for a sick friend. You can make a big pot of this rice for your friend and she/he can feed him/herself and her/his family for almost a week! It's great fo