- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
How To Make Your Own Homemade Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Rate my recipie
Perfect for the lunchbox!
This recipe is quick and easy. It is the perfect addition to your lunch box menu. Have you ever really taken a close look at those expensive prepackaged granola bars that you buy to put in your child's lunchbox. The ingredients are not complicated. You can easily make these yourself but with out all of those unnecessary preservatives. This recipe is so easy that in just minutes you can have your own homemade chocolate chip granola bars.
- 6 cups rice crispies
- 4 cups marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup quaker quick one minute oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Then add the Rice Krispies and oats
Last but not least add the chocolate chips
Putting it all together
- In a large saucepan over a medium low heat melt the butter and marshmallows until smooth.
- Then turn off the heat and fold in the rice crispies and oats to the marshmallow mixture until they are all well coated.
- This part is just a little tricky. When the mixture has cooled some but still pliable, add the chocolate chips.
- Immediately pour into a greased casserole dish.
- When cooled, cut into squares and put into zip lock baggies
Quaker Quick One Minute Oats
Links for Rice Crispie Lovers!
- Birthday cake rice crispie treats
No matter what kind of party I throw I almost always make rice crispie treats you know
- Rice Crispies Christmas Treats
classic rice krispies recipes for Christmas
- Making Rice Krispie Chrismas Tree treats and shapes ...
I love making Rice Crispie Christmas recipes with my daughter. When I first made these unique treats we made them for the patients at the nursing home and they enjoyed to help with decorating them. Rice Crispie Trees are very easy to make. I also...
- Easter M&M Rice Krispie Treats
Here's an idea to spruce up Rice Krispie Treats for Easter - mix in some pretty pastel colored M&M's to match the holiday. You can do this with any holiday bag of M&M's. I especially like Easter because the pastel mix is beautiful. There's a