Cold and creamy peach soup recipe
Peach is one of my favourite fruits, therefore I tried to come up with a recipe that is easy, relatively fast, but still delicious :). You don’t need anything special for this recipe, all of the ingredients can be bought in any supermarket.
This is a nice, cold soup for the warmer days, so it is a perfect and healthy refreshment for the whole family.
If you love this fruit too, you must try it out, it is really creamy and yummy!
- 1kg peach, fresh
- 1,5 tsp cinnamon, grounded
- 1 lemon, grate its peel and squeeze half of it
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 2 egg yolk
- 200ml double cream
- whipped cream, to serve
What do you think? How do you like it?
How to prepare?
- Peel the peaches (if it is not ripe enough, you don’t have to – I made it last time without peeling the peaches) and choose the 3 that is the most ripe and put them away for a while. Dice the fruit into smaller cubes and put them into a cooking pot (throw the seeds away of course).
- Pour water onto the cubed peaches – so that the depth of the water is approximately the double above the peaches'. Bring it to boil.
- When the water is boiling, cast 5 tablespoon of sugar, 1,5 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and the grated lemon peel into it and also pour the lemon squeeze into the water. Add the 1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar into the mixture as well.
- When the mixture is boiling again (hopefully almost immediately), use a hand blender to blend the contents of the pan. When you are done, bring soup-base to boil again.
- Meanwhile mix the egg yolks into the double cream.
- When the soup is boiling, get it off the heat and pour the double cream mixture into it. Stir your soup a few times until the cream totally mixes with the base of the soup. Let the soup cool down a bit then put it into the fridge.
- Dice the remaining 3 peaches like the ones before in the beginning, cast sugar onto them and put these into the fridge, too.
- About 1-2 hours later, when the peach soup has cooled down, pour the soup into a plate, put some diced peach pieces into it and serve it with cold, whipped cream, straight from your fridge.
Related kitchenware on Amazon
Share your ideas!
Please feel free to comment on this recipe, your feedback is very much appreciated!
Or, if you feel that you can write fresh, new recipes similar to this, just join our community and start writing!
© Copyright 2012-2014, Zsofia Koszegi-Nagy (zsobig)
Other recipes by me
- Colourful & creamy chicken
Easy to cook and fast creamy and colourful chicken main meal with sweetcorn and red & yellow peppers. Not only delicious but a true eye-candy as well!
- Kürtőskalács a.k.a. Chimney Cake, a delicious Hungarian pastry
Chimney Cake or Kurtoskalacs is an incredible Hungarian pastry that originates from Transylvania (present day Romania). Come and discover this great Cake with the help of this hub! Recipe and instructions included!
- Tejbegríz aka Semolina Pudding - a sweet dessert for the whole family
Tejbegriz (the best translation probably is Semolina pudding) is a fantastic sweet dessert that your whole family will love! Recipe, instructions and pictures are all included in this article!
- Bud Spencer's favourite - Beans with onions
Have you ever wondered what does Bud Spencer and Terence Hill eat the most in their films? Here's the answer: a delicious recipe! Try it out and enjoy!
© 2012 Sophie