Tejbegríz aka Semolina Pudding - a sweet dessert for the whole family
How do you like it?
About the pudding
Tejbegríz is a very easy, creamy and delicious treat that the whole family will love, once you cooked and tasted it. You don’t have to have huge cooking skills for this meal and it can be done in about 30 minutes.
As far as I know, some people around the world (even in Hungary) call it as the ‘Meal of the poor’ – as it is a very cheap food -, but in fact, many wealthy people eat it due to its sweetness and fantastic taste overall. Additionally, you can flavor it for yourself with cocoa powder, grounded cinnamon, fruits or rainbow sprinkles (cake decoration sweets).
In fact, apart from the ingredients all you need is some endurance, as the 30 minutes of stirring is not my favourite activity :).
Try it out – you won’t be disappointed!
- 1 liter milk
- 6tbsp semolina, fine
- 6tbsp sugar, granulated
- something to flavor
Related kitchenware on Amazon
- Put the milk into a pot and sprinkle the semolina into it.
- Start stirring and do this until the mixture boils down. Don’t try to leave the milk alone – not for even half a minute - as it will catch in the pan easily.
- After the mixture is ready, add the 6 tbsp of sugar into it and stir well.
- Turn of the heat and leave the semolina pudding to cool down a bit.
- After about 10 minutes, pour the cream into bowls and sprinkle cocoa powder, grounded cinnamon, rainbow sprinkles or put fruits onto its top.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||171|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 19 g||29%|
|Saturated fat 10 g||50%|
|Unsaturated fat 7 g|
|Carbohydrates 136 g||45%|
|Sugar 95 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 39 g||78%|
|Cholesterol 78 mg||26%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Share your ideas!
Please feel free to comment on this hub, your feedback is very much appreciated!
Or, if you feel that you can write fresh, new ideas about this or a similar topic, just join our community and start writing!
© Copyright 2012-2014, Zsofia Koszegi-Nagy (zsobig)
Other recipes by me
- Colourful & creamy chicken
Easy to cook and fast creamy and colourful chicken main meal with sweetcorn and red & yellow peppers. Not only delicious but a true eye-candy as well!
- Bud Spencer's favourite - Beans with onions
Have you ever wondered what does Bud Spencer and Terence Hill eat the most in their films? Here's the answer: a delicious recipe! Try it out and enjoy!
- Kürtőskalács a.k.a. Chimney Cake, a delicious Hungarian pastry
Chimney Cake or Kurtoskalacs is an incredible Hungarian pastry that originates from Transylvania (present day Romania). Come and discover this great Cake with the help of this hub! Recipe and instructions included!
- Cold and creamy peach soup recipe
Do you like peaches? Then try this great, sweet and creamy, summer recipe that the whole family will love! Complete cooking instructions and pictures!
© 2012 Sophie