Delicious Cookie Frosting Recipe
My mother used this frosting recipe when I was growing up, and I have yet to find a more delicious cookie frosting. Nearly everyone who has tasted this has requested the recipe. This frosting is especially great on butter cookies.
The flavor can easily be modified by using various flavoring extracts. My favorite combination is half vanilla extract and half almond extract.
Keep this delicious frosting recipe on hand to use year-round.
See the link below this recipe for a mouth-watering butter cookie recipe that goes great with this frosting.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 teaspoons flavoring, (vanilla extract, almond extract, lemon extract, etc.)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- food coloring, optional
- Beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Add flavorings and salt. Mix well.
- Add sugar and beat until combined (will be thick).
- Add milk (a tablespoon at a time) and beat until spreadable.
- If desired, add food coloring.
- Frost cookies and add desired sprinkles, etc. See below for link to accompanying butter cookie recipe.
Butter Cookies Recipe
- Delicious Butter Cookies
Butter cookies are perfect for all occasions, including Christmas, Valentine's Day, and Halloween.