Delicious Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
Rate this Recipe!
This recipe will teach you how to make a smooth cream cheese frosting for your cakes, cupcakes and other desserts. This recipe goes well with vanilla cupcakes, red velvet cupcakes, and much more!
Below are instructions to make a simple cream cheese frosting and also give you suggestions to add an orange zest or lime juice.
Be sure to wait until the cake has cooled before adding any frosting. A hot or warm cake could ruin a great dessert.
- 2/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup orange zest, (optional with orange juice)
- 1/4 cup orange juice, (optional with orange zest)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice, (optional)
- Put the cream cheese and vanilla into a large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until blended.
- Add the powdered sugar and optional ingredients (if any).
- Add food coloring if desired and blend.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool unless needed immediately.
- Pipe or spread the frosting onto the cupcakes or cake when cooled.
More Cupcake Recipes
- White Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
Using this recipe, you will be able to make twelve delicious cupcakes in about 40 minutes.
- Delicious Cookies and Cream Cupcake Recipe
These delicious cupcakes are my husband's favorite. He loves cookies and cream ice cream, so I thought, why not make it into a cupcake? Well, here is my recipe for them. I have also added steps to make a whipped-cream topping with oreos.
- Simple and Easy Vanilla Cupcakes
This is a recipe for simple, easy-to-make, vanilla cupcakes. They go great with my cream cheese frosting, but also taste delicious with white chocolate buttercream. This recipe makes twelve delicious cupcakes in about 30 minutes.
- Candy Cane Cupcake Recipe
This recipe makes twelve candy cane cupcakes and takes about 30 minutes to make. This is a great recipe for kids to help with and a great gift for your neighbors during this holiday season.
- Mint Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
These cupcakes are delicious and make a great gift if decorated correctly. These mint chocolate cupcakes go well with a chocolate ganache or simple vanilla buttercream. This recipe makes twelve cupcakes and takes about a total of 30 minutes to bake.
- Strawberry Mint Cupcake Recipe
These cupcakes are refreshing and sweet. They are very beautiful when cut open to reveal the red strawberries peaking out through the white cake. These cupcakes have the perfect mix of mint and strawberry.