Delicious Butter Cookies
Mouth-Watering Butter Cookies Recipe
Butter cookies are perfect for all occasions, including Christmas, Valentine's Day, and Halloween.
This recipe creates mouth-watering butter cookies. It is impossible to eat just one. Even my husband, who is not a cookie lover, cannot stay away from these. See the link below this recipe for a frosting recipe that goes great with these cookies.
- 1 cup plant-based butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg replacer, such as Ener-G
- 3 teaspoons flavoring, (vanilla extract, lemon extract, almond extract, etc.)
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, beat the first three ingredients, until mixed thoroughly. Mix in flavoring.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. Gradually mix into butter mixture.
- Chill dough for at least an hour.
- Roll chilled dough approximately 1/16" thin. Cut dough with cookie cutter(s) and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until lightly browned, approximately 5 minutes.
- Decorate as desired. See frosting recipe link below.
|Serving size: 1 cookie|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 1 g|
|Carbohydrates 7 g||2%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 11 mg||4%|
|Sodium 6 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- Cookie Frosting
This frosting is great on butter cookies. The flavor can be modified by using various flavoring extracts.