- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Cornbread Muffin Recipe, Easy & Low-Calorie
The handy part about cornbread muffins is that you get the great taste of cornbread, but the muffin acts as built-in portion control. This recipe doesn't use eggs, making it cholesterol free. It also contains less calories and fat than the average cornbread recipe.
- 2/3 cup raw sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup low-fat or fat-free yogurt
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/3 cup soymilk
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and cornmeal. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk togetherthe sugar, salt, applesauce, and vanilla. Itshould resemble a sparkly paste.
- Stir in the yogurt and mix until well blended.
- Alternating between them, slowly add dry ingredients and soy milk to the sugar mixture.
- Beat until well blended.
- Fill muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes.
Shopping for Muffin Pans?
This recipe makes 12 muffins. The nutritional information will vary depending upon the ingredients you use.
You can use the following information as a guideline, it is based on the ingredients I used.
Fat: 1 gram
Carbs: 29 grams
Protein: 4.3 grams
More Muffin & Pancake Recipes
- Low-Calorie Blueberry Muffin Recipe
I like to keep these blueberry muffins around for a quick snack when I'm in a hurry. This version is about 130 calories.
- Pumpkin Pie Muffins
These muffins are so yummy, you'll think you are eating a slice of pumpkin pie...almost.
- 100 Calorie Pancakes
These pancakes allow you the pleasure of a special breakfast, without forcing you to the gym for an extra workout. This recipes makes 8 pancakes, each pancake is about 100 calories.
- Perfect Pumpkin Pancakes
Once October hits, I make sure to make these great pumpkin pancakes often. They are easy to prepare and, here's the pun, they go like hotcakes!