4th of July Desserts Recipes - Fat-Free, Festive, Fun!
Red, White, and Blueberry Crisp
- 1 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 4 Tbsp white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup applesauce
Preheat oven to 350 F. Toss together fresh berries and white sugar, set aside. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir in applesauce. Press half of mixture into bottom of greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Gently spoon berries over crust, sprinkle remaining dry mixture over top. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and topping turns golden brown. Serve with vanilla fat-free frozen yogurt.
Yankee Doodle Sundae
For each person:
- fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt
- strawberry or raspberry syrup
- fat-free cool whip
- sundae cherry, fresh strawberry, or fresh raspberry
Scoop vanilla frozen yogurt into bottom of tall glass. Drizzle syrup over yogurt, sprinkle blueberries over both. Add another scoop of frozen yogurt, repeat drizzle with syrup, sprinkle blueberries. Top with a dollop of fat-free cool whip and fresh berry or sundae cherry.
- red juice (eg. raspberry, cranberry, cherry)
- white juice (eg. coconut, lemonade, white grape)
- blue juice (eg. kool-aid, gatorade, blue raspberry)
Line up 3-oz. paper cups on a baking sheet, and pour 2 tablespoons of red juice into the bottom of each cup, freeze 2-3 hours until slushy. Pour 2 tablespoons of white juice into each cup, stick popsicle stick in the middle, freeze 2-3 hours. Pour 2 tablespoons blue juice into each cup, freeze until hard. To serve, peel off paper cups.
- 1 1/2 cup cold skim milk
- 4-serve pkg cheesecake-flavor fat-free instant pudding mix
- 8 oz fat-free cool whip, thawed
- 16 oz angel food cake
- 2 cups sliced strawberries (alt: 2 cups raspberries)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced bananas
Cut angel food cake into 1/2-inch cubes. Beat milk and pudding mix together 1-2 minutes with wire whisk, stir in thawed cool whip. In large glass or trifle bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, half of the fruit, and half of the pudding mixture. Repeat, ending with pudding mixture. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Patriotic Pudding Parfait
This is a nearly fat free, not a completely non-fat recipe.
- 1 cup sliced strawberries OR 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 4-serve fat-free white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 8 oz low-fat vanilla wafer cookies, crumbled
Mix milk into pudding mix with wire whisk, beat for 1-2 minutes until well blended. Toss strawberries with sugar. Divide cookie crumbs over the bottom of 4 small parfait bowls or clear glasses. Add 1/4 of strawberries into each bowl, top with 1/2 cup pudding, top with 1/4 of blueberries.
Just to get you in the mood...
Other Yummy Fat Free Recipes
- Halloween Cookies and Desserts - Easy, Fun Family Recipes
Witches' Hats, Jack-o-Lantern cookies, and Creepy Rice Crispy Bars! These recipes are healthy, low-fat, and though they might haunt your dreams, they'll disappear from your kitchen in no time!
- Quick and Easy Fat-Free Desserts
Simple, easy-to-follow recipes for fat-free favorites like Apple Cobbler, Chocolate Cupcakes, Pumpkin Bars, Pear Tart, and Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp
- Delicious Low-Fat No-Bake Dessert Recipes
Quick and easy favorites like Chocolate Marble Mousse Pie, White Chocolate Cheesecake, Strawberries-N-Cream Cake, and Mmm-Mmm-Mocha Trifle in low-fat and sugar-free versions
- Quick and Easy Recipes for Diet-Friendly Pies
Make health-concious, yet delicious pies from scratch with simple recipes for these household favorites: Apple, Pecan, Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, and Berry Custard
- Fresh Fruit Mousse Recipes - Nonfat & Sugar-free
Fat- and sugar-free desserts have never been easier or more delicious! Orange, melon, mango, and lemon mousse recipes...
- Oatmeal-Based Fat-Free Cookie Recipes
The best tasty recipes for quick and easy fat-free cookies, including Oatmeal-Raisin, Oatmeal-Brownie, Orange-Cranberry, Pumpkin-Raisin, and Oatmeal-Ginger.