- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Quick & Easy Dinners
Easy Chicken Stir Fry (with sesame seeds)
No need to go to the counter. This hearty, colourful and delicious dish is ready in 30 minutes.
Note: I cook from the heart and never measure my ingredients. It's all based on taste and consumption. Trial and error at times but not on this stir-fry. I have cooked this many times for dinner and the family love it. :)
I- Main Ingredients:
Chicken breast (cube or strip)
Stir-fry mixed vegetables in a bag (carrots/snow peas/broccoli/bell pepper and green pepper)
Cooking Oil (for frying)
II – For the Sauce /Marinade
Pineapple Juice (optional)
III – Finishing
Sesame seed oil
Sesame seeds (toasted)
Do you like Stir-fry?
- Toast sesame seeds until lightly golden and aromatic. Set aside.
- Chop garlic, onion and ginger.
- Wash mixed vegetables (carrots/snow peas/broccoli/bell pepper and green pepper) and drain.
- Cut chicken breast into cubes or strips, wash and drain.
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients for the sauce (soy sauce -around ¼ cup, honey, minced ginger, cloves garlic, chicken stock and pineapple juice, if using).
- Soak chicken cubes/strips into the mixture (#5) for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok and remove chicken from the mixture. (Set mixture aside). Sauté chicken until browned and cooked.
- While browning the chicken, add cornstarch on the mixture (#5). Just enough to thicken the sauce.
- Set range to medium heat and add all the mixed vegetables. Quickly stir fry vegetables. It should be tender but still crisp. 2-3 minutes will do. Add the sauce (mixture #5) and cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add some sesame seeds and stir. Reserve some sesame seeds and sprinkle again and drizzle with little sesame oil just before serving.
Did you know?
Stir fry is one of the most popular Asian dishes being called out all the time at the take out counters. It is fast and easy yet packed with all the nutrients we need from the mixed vegetables and protein from the meat. Traditionally, it should be eaten with rice. However, It can also be eaten alone or with dinner rolls.
Sizzling Chicken Stir-fry
Copyright@CrisSp-TM/11-2014~ Read me: "Domestic diva depending on the mood." ~
Thank you for stopping by my kitchen. Please don't forget to rate the recipe before you exit. :)
More from my kitchen:
- Korean Dish: Japchae
Oh, for the love of noodles, this Korean sweet potato noodle is a must taste! Japchae is made with sweet potato noodles mixed with a variety of colorful vegetables. Sometimes served with beef, flavoured with soy sauce and sweetened with sugar.
- How to Roast a Turkey - 10 Easy Steps
It's that time of the year again! Are you ready for your turkey? Here's a no sweat, very straight forward procedure on how to get that tender, juicy roasted turkey with no muss, no fuss and a lot less mess.
- Quick Chicken Barbeque Recipe
Home grilling to perfection with this low budget creative chicken marinade that will surely rise to the top of your favorites. It’s delectable! You’ll love it. I promise!
© 2014 CrisSp