Easy Ham and Cheese Pasta Bake
Ham and cheese is classic together and I hope this casserole becomes a classic in your kitchen! This is such a simple meal and is so delicious, it is sure to please everyone's palate. I was looking for a way to use up my leftover ham and this worked out wonderfully as a casserole. The cream of chicken soup makes an excellent creamy sauce, especially with the added cheeses and spices. I seriously cannot stop eating it! I really hope you love this recipe if you end up making it. Ham and cheese pasta bake will definitely be a recipe I will use again and again.
- 16 oz pasta, macaroni noodles
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups ham, cooked and diced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp Penzey's sandwich sprinkle
- Pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly grease 9 x 13" pan with non-stick spray.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Mine was organic pasta that took 9 minutes to make and it was perfect.
- Shred cheese or buy pre-shredded. I no longer buy pre-shredded cheese because of the coating put onto the cheese shreds to keep them from sticking together in the package. Just trying to be a bit more healthy for my family.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain the liquid off. After draining it, return it to the pot. Add the two cans of cream of chicken soup. Mix well. Then add in the diced and cooked ham, 1 cup of cheese and the spices. Penzey's is a spice store in Madison, WI and it carries great spices. Their Sandwich Sprinkle is my all time favorite go-to mix of spices. It makes all sandwiches taste like they are made in a deli and makes almost any dish you add it to better. It contains garlic, basil, black pepper, oregano, rosemary, thyme and marjoram. I highly recommend checking it out on the internet if you're looking for a new spice mixture.
- Pour the mixed ingredients into the 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until it is golden brown on the top and heated thru.