- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Quick & Easy Dinners
Easy Peasy Hamburger Nachos
Along with all of the other wonderful Mexican dishes we enjoy, nachos are one of our favorites. We certainly don't have them as often as we'd like.
Nachos contain a great deal of calories, and more fat than we normally enjoy, and we tons of them (you can see our plates) when we do make them.
So we try and only have these on special occasions or at least just every now and then. Last night seemed like a good time for some nachos!
If you'll notice in our final picture, my husband chose to enjoy his nachos with hamburger and sour cream, while I instead chose Easy Peasy Shredded Chicken Nachos topped with tons of yummy chopped tomatoes and lettuce.
That's one thing that's great about nachos. They are super easy to prepare, and everyone in the household can have something completely different.
Either way, I think we both agree that the refried beans, queso dip, and guacamole are necessities on any nachos at our house, regardless of the other toppings chose.
Let's look at how to put these together yourself, and you'll have to let me know what you decided on!
- 1 large bag tortilla chips
- 1 (15oz) can refried beans
- 1/2 pound hamburger meat
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 Guacamole Dip recipe, (2 avocados and 1/2 cup salsa)
- 2-4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Start by thawing your hamburger. We precook all of ours as soon as we get it home from the store. This makes each meal 100% easier to compile in a quick amount of time.
- I would then consult my recipe on Easy Peasy Cheesy Velveeta Queso Dip in order to make your liquid cheese to spread over the top of your nachos.
- On the side, I also suggest making my Quick and Easy Creamy Guacamole Dip, as nachos just aren't the same without guacamole.
- When your hamburger comes out of the microwave, add in your taco seasoning, directly in the bag, and shake it until it's thoroughly combined.
- Make sure to keep an eye on your queso dip throughout this process.
- This is a good time to open you can of refried beans.
- Dump them in a microwaveable bowl and smash them down.
- Cook them, covered, for 2 1/2 minutes.
- When you remove them, stir them up really well.
- I like to add a half a cup of water to them and mix it in so that the beans are liquidy enough to easily spread over your nachos. Otherwise they clump and won't spread out.
- When your queso is done, it is time to lay out all of your toppings and compile your nachos.
- You can see that my husband laid his chips down first and spread beans on them.
- He then added his meat and then the cheese on top.
- Finally he topped his nachos with guacamole, then sour cream, and finally more shredded cheese.
- Whatever way you decide to top them, enjoy!!
|Serving size: 1 salad plate of nachos|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat 4 g||20%|
|Unsaturated fat 6 g|
|Carbohydrates 56 g||19%|
|Fiber 8 g||32%|
|Protein 20 g||40%|
|Cholesterol 20 mg||7%|
|Sodium 800 mg||33%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
We cooked our hamburger ahead of time (See Preparing Your Hamburger Meat Ahead of Time), cooked and rinsed of all fat, which significantly lowers the calories and fat content of this dish.
When it comes to nachos, I am all about the guacamole and cheese. The hamburger and other accompaniments only serve to give the nachos some substance and calories. lol
My husband would fee differently though. I think his favorite part is the hamburger, along with the guacamole of course.
Nachos, like any other recipe are perfect for being creative and making them your own way, especially for families.
All of the ingredients can easily be set out in an assembly line fashion, and each person in the family can slide by and top his or her nachos any way they like.
Although I didn't mention all of the possible topping that could be used on this wonderful meal, consider also onions, chives, olives, tomatoes, lettuce, etc.
This will quickly be a favorite in your home! Enjoy!
What is your favorite nacho topping?
© 2014 Victoria Van Ness