Quick, Easy and Tasty Pasta Dish
A brief description
This has got to be one of my favourite meals of all time simply because of all the lovely flavours. Going by the ingredients you would think it is going to be a fishy meal but it definitely isn't. The olives, wine, basil and anchovies give it a real tasty flavour. If you are anything like me you will lick the bowl clean and still go back for more.
The coooking time below is a bit general. It can all be done in 30 minutes.
- 1 handful Green or black olives, chopped
- 1 handful Cappers
- 400g Penne Pasta
- 1 Tin Chopped tomatoes
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped or crushed
- 1 Tin Anchovies
- 1 Glass White wine
- 1 Lemon, halved and juiced
- Small handful Fresh basil
- 2 Tins Tuna in brine, drained
- Salt and Pepper
Down to the cooking
- Get a medium size bowl and using the end of your rolling pin, crush the basil as much as you can, once you have this done drain the tins of tuna and add them to it. Now take your lemon, pour in the jucie and grate in some of the zest, get as much as you can as this adds a lot of flavour to it later. Add two lugs of olive oil, some salt and pepper and give it a good mix before leaving to marinate while you prep the rest.
- At this stage put your water on for your pasta and bring to the boil.Get a large pan of salted boiling water on and cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Just before the water boils take a large frying pan and put a lugof olive oil on it, making sure there is plenty of heat add youre anchovies. As soon as you have you anchovies on and that your water is boiling put your pasta in the pan. After about two minutes put your olives, cappers and garlic into the frying pan with your anchovies, give this a good mix around for another two minutes before adding your tuna mix. Again give this about two minutes before you put your tin of chopped tomatoes into the pan along with your glass of wine. You should have about 4 mintues before your pasta is ready to be drained, turn the heat of the pan down a wee bit and stir the mix until the pasta is ready.
- Drain the water out of the pasta pot, don't worry if it isn't all gone as sometimes a wee bit left over can add to the final dish being moist and flavoursome. now add the mixture in the frying pan to the pot of pasta and give it a real good mix.
- Now sit back and enjoy a tasty meal. From my own opinion it is best served with a glass of chilled white wine.