Quick & Easy Dessert Recipe - How to Make the Best Homemade Chocolate Pudding
Do you love chocolate pudding and want to make one that's quick and easy at home? If you do, then this delicious homemade chocolate pudding recipe is just right for you!
With this simple, easy-to-make homemade chocolate pudding recipe, you
can have instant velvety soft chocolate delight in just a few minutes! And the good news is - its very healthy, too!
No doubt about it because most homemade chocolate puddings are usually made of milk and sugar mixed with chocolate or cocoa powder. Vanilla extract is also used to add flavor while cornstarch or flour is used as a thickening ingredient. Sometimes, whole eggs are used as a substitute for flour or cornstarch while butter can be an optional addition.
Here’s how to prepare your quick and easy yet healthy homemade chocolate pudding:
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- whipping cream
- grated chocolate
Check out these instant chocolate pudding mixes:
- Whisk the 2 ½ cups of milk with the whole egg, white sugar, salt, cornstarch and unsweetened cocoa powder in a small mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan, bring all the blended ingredients to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, butter, and vanilla extract and add to the simmering milk mixture. Reduce the temperature to medium-low heat.
- Whisk constantly until the pudding comes to a full boil.
- As soon as the mixture starts to thicken, lower the heat (just enough to continue simmering) and continue whisking for about 2-3 minutes or until it becomes really thick.
- Make sure you’ll reach the bottom and sides of the saucepan when whisking so as to prevent the pudding from sticking. As you cook, it may look lumpy but as you whisk quickly and stir constantly, the lumps will just be smoothed out perfectly well.
- Remove saucepan from the heat.
- With the help of a rubber spatula, pour the warm chocolate pudding into small separate bowls.
Advice & Tips:
- If you want to eat your chocolate pudding warm, you may serve it immediately. Though if you prefer to serve them chilled, then you will need to cover the small bowls of chocolate pudding individually with a plastic wrap. This will help prevent a skin layer on top of the puddings from forming.
- You may leave the puddings refrigerated for about 4-6 hours before serving. You may also leave them chilled on your refrigerator overnight until set and your puddings will taste even better.
- Ideally, chocolate puddings are best served chilled and with a dallop of softly-whipped cream on top.
Have a good appetite!
Chocolote for choco lovers!
You Might Also Like:
- Turkish Dessert Recipe: Sekerpare
Treat yourself with a simply delicious Turkish sweet! ekerpare is one of the many delectable Turkish desserts made with baked soft pastry dipped in thick sugar syrup. Pronounced sheh-ker-pah-reh...
- How to Make the Best Homemade Thin-Crust Pizza
"Healthy Thin-Crust Pizza"Who doesn't love pizza? I guess everyone loves pizza... and I love pizza, too! It's just probably the most convenient and healthy fast food that can easily satisfy a persons...
- Peynirli Pogaca - A Turkish Puff Pastry Filled With Cheese
Poaca, one of the many puff pastries I love to eat for breakfast or as a tea-time snack is a type of dough-based salty puff pastry which has so many diffrerent varieties in terms of filling. Peynirli...
- How to Make Ayran - A Healthy Turkish Yogurt Drink
If you have been to Turkey, you have probably observed most of the Turkish people drinking a bubbly, milky white beverage almost with every meal may it be breakfast, lunch, snacks or even dinner. Have...
- Easy Breakfast Recipe: How to Make Homemade Bread
How does it feel to wake up in the morning with the smell of some freshly baked bread lingering inside your home? Great! Isn't it? Theres just something with it that makes you quickly jump out...