- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
The fastest way to make an omelet! Use a mug!
You no longer have an excuse to skip breakfast...
This is the fastest way to enjoy an egg breakfast when you are tired of cereal, pop-tarts, or oatmeal . All you need is about 5-10 minutes to prepare it, or only 60 seconds if you don't dress it up! Make an omelet the fastest way, in a mug!
Creativity is a bonus when preparing this! You're only limited by your taste buds, and imagination.
Visualize if you will...an omelet on speed...wrap it up on a paper towel and take it on the go!
- 1 egg, scrambled
- Just a dash Milk, mix with egg
- Any and all kinds of Vegetables (optional)
- Any kind of meat (optional)
- 1 Microwave
- 1 Toaster
- Salt & pepper (optional)
Start the timer folks!
- Crack egg and dash of milk into a microwaveable safe mug and scramble with fork
- Throw English Muffin into the toaster
- Add (optional ingredients) to mug if desired, while muffins are toasting. Don't be narrow-minded here, anything and everything goes. Tomato, black olive, peppers, bacon, ham, cilantro, cheese, turkey, chicken, mushrooms, whatever your heart desires!
- Place mug in microwave and nuke in 30 second intervals. Usually 60 seconds does it. Do not stir. The mug omelet will set within 30-60-90 seconds depending on your microwave.
- Toss this lovely feast on your English muffin, or fluff with fork and eat solo.
- Enjoy! Have a contest and see how many you can create in 10 minutes!
Omelets & egg recipes
Tips & Suggestions
- Have your kids do this for themselves!
- Chop any added veggies or meat into small pieces, for thorough cooking
- Make use of the previous dinners leftovers in the AM!
- Buy ingredients from a discount grocer like Aldi or Save-a-lot and have multiple breakfasts for only a few dollars!
- If you work in an office and have access to a microwave, you can easily make this at work. Cheaper, healthier and tastier than McDonald's!
Another egg recipe!
- Easy Deviled Eggs!
Deviled Eggs are a great recipe, and super easy!
© 2013 Rebecca