- Food and Cooking
Fast and easy clam chowder
Here is quick chowder that I have been making for years. It is such a good recipe and so easy to make. I like to serve it with fresh bread and a salad; it is a wonderful meal for a cold evening, and is perfect to feed a large group of people. This clam chowder has always been a hit with my family, and I'm sure it will be with yours also.
My family enjoys this on the first cold Friday of the year as a family tradition. It is one of the things we look forward to every year. I hope that this wonderful soup makes it on your table year after year. ENJOY
- 1/2 Lb bacon, Chopped, Cooked crispy
- 2 celery, Chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 1 can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 Tbsp butter or bracon fat
- 3 c water
- 2 cans minced clams, undrained
- 1 tsp thyme
- To taste Salt and pepper
- In pot add butter or bacon fat and melt,add onions, Bacon and celery and cook until vegetable are soft and transparent
- Drain the liquid from the clams and add to the pot, Add the water, salt, pepper, and thyme stir well. Add the potatoes. Cover the pot and cook over low heat 10 minutes.
- Uncover and add the milk, cream of soup and clams. Cook and stir until mixture simmers. Enjoy
Other Recipes You Might Love
- How to Make Creamy Potato Soup | Notecook
This is such a delicious soup you will be going back for more. This soup is so filling, thick, and rich. I know you will fall in love with it as I have.
- Recipes: Creamy squash and coconut soup | Frugal Country
If you love creamy, comforting, autumn soups. You will love this sop. It is creamy and rich and so yummy, you will fall in love with it right away I promises you.
- Recipes: Creamy watercress soup - Fruit & Vegetable Recipes - Helium
A yummy easy soup
- Recipe Hot and Sour Soup - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com
A very easy and good for you soup that you will love.
- Recipes: Creamy mushroom soup
Learn to make cream of mushroom soup at home.
- Easy Chicken Stock Recipe
One of the best Chicken Stock Recipes out there