Firecracker Shrimp Jambalaya
Jambalaya to Remember
Classic Jambalaya with a kick. If you like traditional jambalaya and you like shrimp, this is a dish you won't soon forget. The combination of shrimp and classic jambalaya with a nice light, spicy flavor are the perfect combination.
Firecracker Shrimp Jambalaya Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fresh cayenne chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2or 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped fresh
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon` salt
- 1 to 3 teaspoons bottled read hot sauce
Rate This Capsule
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rice with 2 1/2 cups water and bring to a simmer. Stir the grains, cover, and cook over medium-low heat until all of the liquid is absorbed, 15-20 minutes. Fluff the rice and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the oil. Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, and chili pepper, and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes more. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, 1/2 cup water, the parsley, oregano, cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, salt, and hot sauce and bring to a simmer. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes over medium low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and fold in the rice. Let stand for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. Ladle the jambalaya into wide bowls and serve at once.
More Delicious Spicy Recipies
- Spicy Santa Fe Black Bean Soup, A Healthy Anti Aging Recipe
Santa fe black bean soup spicy anti aging recipe
- Spicy Chicken Wings; Great Super Bowl Recipe
Spicy Chicken wings, a great Superbowl treat.
Follow this Link to the Best Clam Chowder Recipe You Will Ever Find
- Real Boston Clam Chowder Recipe
A real Boston Clam Chowder recipe. This is the best clam chowder you will ever eat. Of all the chowder recipes I have tried, this one is simply the best. Clams, Sour dough bread, just like in The Fisherman's Monterey California.