Black Bean Soup; Sante Fe Recipe
Black Bean Soup Recipe
This soothing, satisfying black bean soup can lift one's spirits on a gloomy, cold day. If you love recipes for black bean soup this one is bound to become your favorite. It has a little kick and is definitely not boring.
If you don't know how to make bean soup, the rule of thumb is that dried beans should always be soaked in plenty of water before cooking; after draining, cook the beans in fresh water.
A healthy way to indulge, this recipe is considered to be an anti- aging recipe. Not only is it delicious, but it makes you beautiful, what more can you ask for?
Ingredients for soup with black beans
- 1 1/2 cups dried black beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- 3 or 4cloves garlic, minced
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon corriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teraspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- In a medium saucepan, combine the beans and 6 cups water and bring to a simmer. Cook over medium-low heat until tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Drain the beans, reserving 4 cups of the cooking liquid.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil. Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, and jalapeno and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add the beans, cooking liquid, carrots, oregano, cumin, coriander, thyme, salt, and black pepper and bring to a simmer. cook for about 15 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, parsley, and cilantro-cook for 5 to 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally. remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. For thicker soup, ladle half of the soup into a blender or food processor fitted with steel blade and puree until smooth, about 5 seconds. Ladle the soup into bowls. Serve with warm corn bread.
More Delicious Recipies
- Real Boston Clam Chowder Recipe
A real Boston Clam Chowder recipe. This is the best clam chowder you will ever eat. Of all the chowder recipes I have tried, this one is simply the best. Clams, Sour dough bread, just like in The Fisherman's Monterey California.
- Spicy Chicken Wings; Great Super Bowl Recipe
Spicy Chicken wings, a great Superbowl treat.
- Firecracker Shrimp Jambalaya
firecracker shrimp jambalaya