Fish Grilling Techniques
Fish Grilling techniques
Fish Grilling techniques. It is summertime, fun time, summer outdoor grilling is an activity we never fail to do, and grilling fish is a superb activity because fish is healthy and nutritious. In fact, according to the American Heart Association grilling fish is healthy as it is less in cholesterol and it is rich in omega 3 fatty acids -- beneficial to health. I used to grill fish when I was young together with my mother after buying a fish from fresh market early in the morning, we used charcoal grilling and lots of spices and herbs to season the fish before grilling it.
The technique to grilling fish is not to burn or overcooked it and add some spices and herbs plus seasonings to make the flavor tasteful. The flavor should not overdone the fish taste as this is not also good. Yeah i may say grilling fish is difficult at first but when you know the technique it becomes easy, it is an activity which you can perfect, you need practice and to do it once in a while. So c'mon now, prepare your fish and we will grill it.
Grilling Fish Technique
In grilling fish you will need :
- a thong
- grilling brush
- grilling equipment
- basket grill where you can put the fish
Choose the fish you will want to grill, they should be fresh,if you are near to a fresh market, then you can buy it there and you plan to go on fishing, then you can grill after catching the fish
If this is not possible just grill fish fillet which you can buy at any supermarket
Clean the fish and don't remove the scales, remove the gills and wash it
Herbs, spices and seasoning to use for the fish -- I use soy sauce to brush the fish with little salt and then put some chopped tomato, onion and chopped garlic inside the fish which is opened on the side, sprinkle a bit of salt on the sides
If you have banana you can cover the fish with banana leaves, when you grill. Here in the US banana leaves are hard to access so I just cover the fish with foil and then remove it when I grill it.
Techniques in Grilling Fish
- Since fish is softer than pork or poultry it is easier to grill it, but be sure not to overcook it, put a fork on top of the fish to check if it is done.
- Fish is usually grilled after five minutes for half inch of a fish (cook fish with medium heat)
- Before you set the fire on the grill, put a small amount of oil in the grates so that the fish will not stick
- Put a little cooking oil on both sides of the fish so it will not stick
- Check the temperature of the grill, it should be medium temperature only
- Some kinds of fish are very tender and you might cut it while you are trying to turn it around use two spatulas one up or down and be careful when you turn it
Fish dip or sauce -- The final taste of fish with its own flavor is best if you make your preferred dip for it. Making fish dip or sauce can be done while you are grilling the fish - A mixture of soy sauce, chopped garlic, sliced onion and bay leaf or rosemary if you want to have some aroma on it, you can also add chopped tomato to the sauce or dip. You can also add chili according to your taste.
Now I am hungry.
- Grilled Home Style Brine Pork Barbecue
Grilled Home Style Brine Pork Barbecue Technique. It is summertime in the Western world and we are off to a hot summer. The sweltering heat of the sun makes for a dip at the swimming pool and a good barbecue...
- Techniques in Making Hot Chili Sauce
There are many chili hot sauce and many variants which are available in the local supermarkets from jalapenos, Heinz chili tomato sauce (not so chilly) and lots of South East Asian variants of hot chili...
- Techniques in Cooking Dried Beans
Beans is defined as any of various leguminous plants. Beans belong to the genus Phaseolus such as the "common bean plus the runner bean, and the related genus Vigna" of the family of pea. Examples of beans...
- List of Healthy Cooking Oils
Well, cooking oil which contains fat can be healthy too. Fat as a nutrient is needed by the body but should not be taken in excess amount because it is bad to the overall health. Excessive use of it is the...
- Techniques on How to Boil and Grill Corn on the Cob
Techniques on How to Boil and Grill Corn on the Cob. It is very easy to cook -- grill and boil corn and you can master it in simple steps. The basic of grilling and boiling the corn comes with a fresh corn to...