- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
French Toast in a Minute
From my kitchen to yours~
There’s a lot of fancy variations of this recipe. Mine is simple and easy to prepare yet delicious and guaranteed that your family will love and enjoy. Perfect on the breakfast table!
- Slices of bread – A day (or two) old stale
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk or soya milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Butter (to grease pan)
- Maple syrup or cinnamon-sugar
5 Easy Steps~
1. Beat eggs in a deep dish. Add milk, sugar, vanilla, pinch of salt and mix well.
2. Soak bread quickly on each side just enough to make it fluffy and not too soggy.
3. Butter pan (or griddle) and heat it.
4. Cook both sides of the bread on medium heat until golden brown.
5. Serve warm with a sprinkle of cinnamon powder or icing sugar and drizzle with maple syrup or honey.
For calorie watchers
I'd have French toast for midnight snack,
Quick Tip 1:
For a wonderful result, sprinkle cinnamon sugar on the bread once it is cooked to get that crisp crunch on the surface.
Quick Tip 2:
Stale bread holds up better than fresh bread when making some French toast, resulting into a much crisper French toast.
Did you know?
French toast also known as pain perdu in French literally means, lost bread because it is a way to salvage stale bread. It is also referred to as gypsy toast, omelette or eggy bread.
Toast it like French!
More from my kitchen:
The Toast Song. Enjoy!
HAPPYCALL for happy cook! Buy it here!
Now share the goodness!
Pin it, like it, re-post it! Thank you for visiting my kitchen and please be generous in casting your votes below. Salut!
Copyright@CrisSp~TM/09-2014. "Fearless but not heartless" ~
© 2014 CrisSp