- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Quick & Easy Healthy Foods
Ginger Apple Pie Crescent Bites
Ratings are Welcome.
Grocery List of Ingredients:
- 2 (8 oz) cans of Crescent Roll dough
- 3 Apples (Fuji)
- Fresh Ginger Root
- Brown Sugar
- Lemon Juice
Healthy and Delicious Ginger Apple Pie Crescent Bites
- 3 Apples, your favorite kind
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Root, grated
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice, fresh or bottled
Let's Get Started...
- Preheat your oven to 350. Line cookie sheet with foil. Leave Crescent Rolls in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Peel a chunk of your Ginger Root and grate 1 teaspoon of the root into mixing bowl. You can use fresh or frozen Root. *See Tip for Freezing Ginger Root Below
- Peel apples. Slice, remove cores. Take apple chunks to your cheese grater and shred them to bits. Add Apples to your mixing bowl of grated Ginger and stir until well incorporated. Add Brown Sugar and Cinnamon. Mix well to distribute evenly. Add lemon juice last. Give your filling a final mixing.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in saucepan or microwave. Unroll Crescent Dough triangles and brush with melted butter before adding 1 heaping tablespoon of Ginger Apple filling to each one.
- Place each Ginger Apple Pie Crescent Roll onto foiled pan and brush the top of each roll with remaining melted butter using your pastry brush.
- Put in oven, bake for 13 minutes, until golden brown. In the meantime, everybody will come rushing into the kitchen asking, "What is that fabulous aroma coming from the oven this time?"
Step 2 Ginger Prep
Step 3 Apple Prep
Step 5 Brush with Butter
Step 6 Cook 13 minutes
* Tip about Frozen Ginger Root
I keep a large chunk of pre peeled Ginger Root in my freezer that I utilize for easy grating without having to use the cheese grater at all.
I find that when I "saw" the Ginger with my knife while it is frozen, it instantly becomes a very fine powder, thereby eliminating the "string" consistency as well as eliminating the cheese grater.
Frozen Ginger Root
If you love Ginger as much as I do, you will also love this recipe for Ginger French Toast made with Organic Coconut Oil
- Ginger French Toast with Organic Coconut Oil
Do you ever wake up craving something healthy and sweet for breakfast? Try some amazing Ginger French Toast. Hints of ginger and coconut oil are my secret weapons for this 5 star healthy breakfast.