Ginger Carrot Soup
- 1 pound carrots, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup gluten free beer
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup honey, adjust as needed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Make a roux by melting the oil in a small sauce pot, add the flour slowly to make a paste.
- Remove the sauce pot from heat and set aside.
- In a large pot, add the carrots along with the stock, salt, beer, honey, and ginger.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until carrots are soft.
- Then puree the carrots and stock in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the coconut milk and roux to the processor to combine everything.
- Retun everything to the large pot and cook over medium until soup thickens slightly.