Green Peas Masala Recipe | A Perfect Side Dish for Chapathi :Green Peas Masala Recipe
Green peas are now "IN" for the winter season. I buy them in a bulk now and freeze it. Because I use them in most of my vegetable dishes. After the Creamy Green Peas, I tried the peas masala, which is a very common dish for this season. But every cook has some difference in their cooking method, like South Indian people add some different flavors/dry coconut etc... In my case, my dish is perfectly North Indian type. I don't prefer to use dry coconut paste/ coconut milk for any dish.Yesterday I tried the dish for my dinner and it became a super hit.Hope you all vegetable lovers like the dish.It is less time consuming green veg dish.
What you will need to make the Dish:
- 300 gm Green Peas
- 9-10 Cashew Nuts
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 small Onion, Chopped
- 1 small Tomato, Chopped
- 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 2-3 Green Chili
- 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves, Chopped
- As per taste Salt and Sugar
- 4-5 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1/2 tbsp Saahi Garam masala
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic paste
- Take a pan, add 2 tsp of sunflower oil and add the tomatoes, onions, coriander leaves, green chili and garlic and stir for a few minutes.
- Turn off the flame and cool the mixture. Grind the mixture.
- Take warm water in a bowl and soak the cashew for 10 mins.
- Grind the cashew with the yogurt to make a smooth paste.
- Now in a pan pour 2-3 tbsp oil and add the onion and cashew paste.Saute it well.Add garam masala and mix well.
- In a low flame saute well the mixture, till the oil leaves out.
- Now add the green peas,cook for sometimes.
- Add milk and if needed add some water.Add salt and sugar.cover the pan and cook for sometimes till the peas are ready to serve.
- Serve hot with Chapathi.
|Serving size: 1 (1/2 Cup)|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 5 g||8%|
|Carbohydrates 35 g||12%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 15 g||60%|
|Protein 12 g||24%|
|Sodium 330 mg||14%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Rate Green Peas Masala Recipe
I have already mentioned some tips about peas like how to choose them from the store and the health factor of green peas in my earlier hub i.e. Creamy Green Peas.
More Yummy Veg Recipes:
- Creamy Green Peas Recipe | Green Peas Recipe | How t...
Creamy Green Peas Recipe Copyright @ 2014 M K Paul
- Navaratan Korma Recipe
Navratan Korma I am not very much fond of vegetables but when it comes to Navratan Korma, i change my mind :)
- Paneer (Cottage cheese) in Hot Garlic Sauce Recipe
Paneer in Hot Garlic Sauce I love the combination of onion and garlic and these always amazes me to the amount I use it in my food. Paneer fusion in Garlic sauce is my husband's one of the favorite dish.
- Sweet Corn Soup (Veg) Recipe
Easy to make...A tasty homemade soup for kids
© 2014 M K Paul