Grilled Eggplant With Pork: Authentic Thai Food Recipe: Southeast Asian Cooking Cuisine
Thai Asian Eggplant
This Grilled Eggplant with Pork Recipe:
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Eggplants are native to India and provide a variety of nutritional benefits.
Eggplants are now grown all over the world and come in different shapes, sizes and colors. Eggplant Recipes are an important part of the Southeast Asian Cuisine and are found in many different Asian Cultures.
Eggplants come in a number of varieties and Asian Eggplants tend to be smaller and thinner in size.
Eggplant is has several names including:
- guinea squash
- Solanum melongena
- Asian Eggplant
- Chinese Eggplant
- Thai Eggplant
- Possibly other names as well.
In this Recipe we will be using Thai or "Asian Eggplants". These eggplants are tiny and round and vary in purple and white colors.
Uncooked, these fruits have a bitter taste but the tastes gets more complex when cooked and become rich and tender. Traditionally, these eggplants were salted and dried to hep reduce the bitterness and also to remove some of the fat content. Most modern varieties do not require this method of preparation.
Let's look at the Ingredients for this recipe:
Grilled Eggplant With Pork Recipe Ingredients
How To Prepare
Slender Asian Eggplants
1 1/2 Cups (350g)
Peel and Chop
Small Red Shallots
Peel and Chop
Use Only the Tender Inner Part of the Bottom 3rd Layer. Sliced
Palm Sugar or Dark Brown Sugar
Fresh Coriander (Cilantro) Leaves
Chopped (can substitute with sawtooth herb)
Great Deals on Eggplant Recipes!
Grilled Eggplant With Pork Recipe Cooking Instructions
- Grill the Eggplants in the Oven until Skin turns Black and the Flesh is Soft.
- Take the Eggplants out of the oven and Cut them in Half the Long Way(Lengthwise)
- Scrape the Flesh out of them with a spoon.
- Chop the Eggplants roughly.
- Heat a Wok or Skillet (recommend Cast Iron) over medium heat and stir-fry the Pork, Garlic, Shallots and Lemongrass until golden in color.
- Add the Eggplant Flesh and Cook for 2 Minutes.
- Add the Fish Sauce and the Sugar and Mix Well.
- Serve Garnished with the Chopped Coriander(Cilantro) Leaves (or sawtooth herb, is used as a substitute)
That's It! Jong Yam? (ready to eat?)
Rate This Thai Grilled Eggplant Recipe!
Additional Cambodian Khmer Recipes and Informational Articles
The following articles are about Cambodia's Culture, Language and Food. Learn more about this small Southeast Asian Country that has a mix of Tragedy and Progress in one of the Hottest Climates in the world!
Authentic Cambodian Khmer Southeast Asian Recipe Collection
- Cambodian Khmer Southeast Asian Food: Cooking Asian Cuisine Recipe Collection
This article is a collection of Southeast Asian Cambodian (Khmer) Recipes. These recipes are delicious, healthy and easy to make!
Learn About Cambodia: The Kingdom of Srok Khmer in Photos
- About Cambodia, Srok Khmer: Facts, Fun, and Photos: A Guide To Cambodian Culture
Cambodia has a long and interesting history, including one of the worst atrocities to ever happen to a single country. The Khmer Rouge killed millions of innocent people in this genocide. This article includes recent pictures that my wife took...
Learn How to Speak and Write Cambodian Khmer
- Learn How To Speak and Write Cambodian: An Introduction To The Khmer Language
An introduction to Khmer, the language of Cambodia. Includes pronunciation, character/letter writing, original photos and drawings. This is the best guide for a beginner who wants to learn how to read, write, and speak Khmer Cambodian.
Seasoning, Cleaning and Restoring Cast Iron
- Cast Iron Cookware: Tips on How to Store and Clean Your Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Oven Pans With
This article is all about Cast Iron Cookware: Benefits, Seasoning Techniques, Cleaning and Storage to keep your Cast Iron in Great Shape! Photos included!