- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Fruit Ingredients
Healthy Grilled Zucchini Cakes with Red Pepper and Feta - Ruby's Tuesdays "Look alike" recipe!
So easy to make!
I am the ONLY vegetarian in my house so I am always on the hunt for recipes that are not only healthy but also good for me as well as my carnivorous family. This recipe fit the bill!
After being a vegetarian for a few years, I found that I desperately missed crab cakes, not the crab part but the flavors. This recipe is so easy to make and closely resembles a crab cake. I had something very similar while I was at Ruby Tuesdays and fell in love. The only thing that I didn't love was the fat content! I came home and began my mission to find a copy cat recipe. I tried a few that weren't so great but tweaked the recipes until I came up with this version.
These are easy to make and surprisingly healthy! They can be served as a side dish or as a main course and are easily adapted to add your favorite ingredient...yes, even crab.
- 2 cups zucchini, grated and drained
- 1/4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, small dice
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 8 ounces Feta Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup flour, any kind (I use whole wheat)
- to taste salt and pepper
Just a few easy steps!
- Mix all ingredients together by hand except for the eggs
- Whip the eggs together and then add them to the vegetable mixture and stir well until everything is incorporated and consistent looking.
- Add the oil or cooking spray to a frying pan and drop spoonfuls of the zucchini mixture into the pan - press down and flatten. You will want to press these down so that everything inside the cake cooks evenly.
- Give the cakes a few minutes and then turn over and cook the other side to a golden brown.
- Serve and ENJOY!