Plantain & Chicken Recipe
Healthy Chicken RecipeClick thumbnail to view full-size
Recipe For Chicken Plantain Dish
The holidays are coming, and you may be searching for a unique chicken recipe for the relatives to try. Plantains are always good to eat but when mixed with something else it’s fabulous! Try this plantain and chicken recipe and your guest will be begging for more.
· 1 tsp. Rosemary
· 1 tsp. Oregano
· 1/3 cup olive oil
· ½ lemon
· Non-stick pan
· 1lb. ground chicken
· 1 jar Green Mountain Gringo Salsa (Roasted Garlic)
· 1 jar Francesco Rinaldi No Sodium Pasta Sauce
· 1tsp. garlic
· ½ lemon
PREPARATION FOR THE GROUND CHICKEN
1. Put ¼ cup of water in a non-stick pan.
2. Add 1/3 cup of virgin olive oil.
3. When the water starts to boil add the ground chicken.
4. Add 1 tsp. of garlic, oregano, and rosemary.
5. Cook the ground chicken on medium heat.
6. Crush the large round pieces of ground meat with a spatula, until it has smooth little pieces.
7. Lower the heat underneath the pan
8. Take the ½ half lemon. Squeeze it to get the juice and add it to the cooking meat.
9. Cook the ground meat until a light golden brown. This should take about 15 minutes
10. Keep the fire low and add 1 ½ cup of Green Mountain Gringo Salsa.
11. Add 1 cup of No Sodium Francesco Rinaldi Pasta Sauce
PREPARATION FOR THE PLANTAINS
1. Add ½ cup of canola oil to a non-stick pan. Warm the oil under medium heat.
2. Cut and peel three plantains. Cut each plantain into three parts.
3. Put the plantain pieces in the heated oil.
4. Fry the plantains until slightly golden.
5. Take each plantain piece out and crush them with a plantain flattener tool.
6. Put the flat plantains in back into the frying pan to cook some more.
7. Cook them until they are golden brown.
8. Take the plantains out and place them on a few pieces of paper towel to remove the oil.
Put the ground chicken on each plantain and serve warm. Bon Appétit!