Good Everyday Bread Recipe
I was looking for a bread recipe without any egg in it because I had flour but no eggs. I found this bread machine recipe and modified it. It came out great. I think this is my new favorite bread recipe. The original had no whole wheat, so I added some to good effect.
Nice Everyday Loaf of Bread
- 3/4 cup water, very warm
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, margarine or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey, light molasses or brown sugar
- 2 cups All purpose white flour, unbleached if you can get it
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ, (optional)
With stand mixer or by hand
- Place all the sugars, fats, and fluids together in the mixing bowl and whisk or beat with wire beater. Stir yeast vigorously to dissolve it into the mix.
- Start the dough hook turning on your stand mixer and add flours to the liquid stuff, oil, yeast and sugar mixture. You can also knead it by hand, but who wants to do that.
- Add flour as needed to make the dough the texture of a baby's behind when you pat it. It should be not quite sticky to the touch.
- Lightly oil the inside of a bread pan and turn the kneaded dough out into the pan. Place somewhere warm and allow to rise.
- When the dough is fully risen, place the bread into a preheated 350° oven. Bake until golden brown on top.