Homemade Strawberry Jam (canned)
This is a staple in my kitchen. I make it without the pectin which makes it a bit thinner then normal jam. I will say this, if it turns out to be to thin and becomes more like a syrup then use it like one. Strawberry milk is fantastic! On pancakes Oh My!!
- 2 quarts strawberies
- 6 cups sugar
- Wash and drain berries. Remove greens.
- Crush strawberries one at a time with a fork or dice into small pieces. Combine Strawberries and sugar in saucepan. Bring slowly to a boil. Stirring continuously until sugar is dissolved. Once sugar is completely dissolved bring to a rapid boil and bring to gel stage. As mixture thickens stir to prevent sticking. Remove from heat skim foam off the top.
- Ladle hot mixture into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace, adjust to piece caps tight with middle finger and thumb.
Processing time (Hot Water Bath)
- Celtic Cooking /Blackberry Pudding
How about Blackberry Pudding (Isle of Man)? Well do I have a great surprise for you!
Homemade Applesauce (canned)
- Homemade Applesauce (canned)
Homemade applesauce is one of the most easiest things to make. The kids and grandkids will love and so will you!
- Sweet Gerkin Pickles (canned)
It's a great thing to do with your kids! This is an easy recipe, but it is spread out over 4 days, while the cucumbers soak up brine!