- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe - Freezer Crockpot Recipe
Rate this Recipe
Honey Sesame Chicken Crockpot Recipe for Couples
I shall not claim this recipe is totally my own as it is based on 1 I found on the BabyCentre.com. I just adjusted it to suit our own tastes and to make it suitable for a couple. The first time we tried it we realised there was lots of extra sauce, so on the second attempt we added the red pepper and bacon to make it a bigger meal. It is so yummy, nice and sweet and really aromatic. Our kitchen smelt amazing for hours!
Freezer Crockpot Cooking is a new way of pre-preparing multiply dishes ahead of time and freezing them all so on the day all you have to do is place the entire meal in the slow cooker and leave it to cook. It helps save time as you can do all your prep on one day, which is great if you are a working couple and have limited time available in the evenings. It helps save money as you can purchase larger quantities of things, usually getting better prices, which you would have usually found harder to use up if there was only 2 of you, but this way it is all cooked and frozen so nothing is wasted. It can help with dieting as you only prepare enough for 2 portions and don't svn up over eating, which is something we were very guilty of!
Look how yummy it is!
- 2 Large Chicken Breast, Cubed
- 1/4 Cup Runny Honey
- 3tbsp Soy Sauce, I like dark, but your could use any
- 1/2 White Onion, Diced
- 1tbsp Ketchup
- 1tsp/1 Lazy garlic/Clove garlic, Crushed
- 1 small Red Pepper, Chopped
- 1 rashers Smoked Bacon, Fat removed and diced
- 2tsp Cornstarch, mixed in 6tsp water - to add after cooking
- Sesame Seeds, to serve
How to make Honey Sesame Chicken
- Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the onions and bacon, until browned and cooked respectively
- Mix all the sauces together then add all the other ingredients except the corn starch and sesame seeds to a large freezer bag, shake to mix and freeze until you want to cook it.
- The night before you want to cook, take out of the freezer and place in the fridge to thaw over night
- On the morning you want to cook place it all in the slow cooker and heat on high for 4 hours or low for 7-10.
- 0 minutes before you want to serve add the cornstarch and water mixture and mix well, turn the heat up to high if it isn't already.
- Once done serve over rice or noodles and ENJOY!
Crockpots on Amazon
A Few Other Great Recipes
- Chicken Breast Slowly Braised in Smoky Bacon Sauce R...
Looking for a filling meal for all the family, cooked with fresh whole ingredients? This recipe for chicken in a smokey bacon sauce, is made in the slow cooker and is bursting with flavour.
- Peanut Butter Chicken Recipe
A family friendly, slow cooker recipe for a totally tasty and super filling chicken dish, made with peanut butter! Cheap and flavourful! You'll be longing to make it again!
- Slow Cooker Recipe - Jamie Oliver's Ham Joint or Gam...
How to cook a ham in a slow cooker. Cooking a ham in Coca Cola or Coke then baking the ham in a lovely sticky aromatic glaze, it is a great yummy dish that the whole family will enjoy and will be perfect served hot or cold
- Provencal Beef Stew Recipe for the Slow Cooker
Great simple recipe for a rich, fruity stew that all the family will enjoy. Made with simple, homely ingredients making it cheap and easy to produce and totally tasty.
- Lamb and Leek Curry Recipe for the Slow Cooker
Great recipe for a tasty, filling mild curry. Can be made in the slow cooker or on the hob. It is super simple to make and great for the whole family.
What's your Opinion
Would you try this recipe?
© 2014 Chantele and Julie