How To Make Mozzarella Sticks at Home
This is the same cheesy appetizer that you order from the pizza joint, minus the wait time and price mark-up. Use the easy recipe below to make mozzarella sticks at home, and cut out the delivery guy!
(The recipe below will make 24 mozzarella sticks)
- a deep fryer with basket
- a sharp knife
- an electric mixer or wire whisk
- a measuring cup
- measuring spoons
- 2 shallow dishes
- a baking sheet
- a wire rack
- (2) 16oz. blocks mozzarella cheese
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups fine dry Italian bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- peanut oil
- marinara sauce
- Using a sharp knife slice each mozzarella cheese block into 12 sticks. (each stick should be approximately 4"x1/2")
- In a shallow dish combine the bread crumbs, flour, salt and black pepper.
- In another shallow dish combine the water and the slightly beaten eggs.
- Dip the sticks of mozzarella cheese into the egg mixture, then roll them through the breadcrumb mixture to coat uniformly.
- Align the mozzarella sticks on a baking sheet. Cover and freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the peanut oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Fry the mozzarella sticks in the basket for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Do not crowd the mozzarella sticks while cooking. Unless you are using an extra large deep fryer or a turkey fryer, you will need to fry your cheese sticks about 6 at a time.
- Using long handled tongs carefully remove your mozzarella sticks from the oil, and allow the to drain on a wire rack for 5 minutes,
- Serve your delicious homemade mozzarella sticks with warm marinara sauce for dipping, and enjoy!
If the mozzarella sticks were frozen for more than a couple of hours, allow them to sit at room temperature for fifteen minute before frying them.
More Fun Recipes:
- How To Make Corn Dogs
Perfect for any outside gathering, these easy to make homemade corn dogs will have you looking for the funnel cake vendor! 8 hot dogs 1 cup yellow cornmeal 2/3 cup all purpose flour 1 1/2 tsp baking...
- Cajun Deep Fried Turkey Recipe
Cajun Deep Fried Turkey Prep Time: 30 minutes Fry Time: 3 minutes per pound Yields: 10-15 servings, plus leftovers 1 8-12 pound turkey 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika 1/2 tablespoon salt 3/4...
- Deep Fried Pork Chops on a Stick Recipe
Add a little fun to mealtime tonight and put your dinner on a stick! These deep-fried pork chops are quick and easy to make, so bring a little taste of the state fair right into your back yard! 6 boneless...