- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to Make Ceviche with Shrimp
Ceviche consists of raw seafood tossed with acidic marinade (citrus juice) that "cooks" the fish. There is no single recipe for ceviche, and many different fish and shellfish can be used in preparing ceviche.This classic ceviche recipe is the perfect party appetizer all your guest will love.
- 2-3 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, diced
- 12 lemons, squeezed
- 2 oranges, squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 avocado
- Remove the tails from the shrimps and cut into 1-inch pieces. Put the shrimps in boiling water with a dash of sea salt. Leave for about 3 minutes. Then remove shrimps and rinse with cold water.
- Place shrimp in a large glass bowl. Add onions, tomatoes, cilantro, lime, lemon, orange juice, sea salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, gently stir in the avocado or serve on the side with chips.
Other Recipes from this Publisher
Please post your Ceviche Comments, Tips, Questions or Suggestions Below Now.