How to Make Spicy Chicken Kondattam: Chicken and Dry Red Chili Flakes Combination Recipe
Spicy Chicken Kondattam
Kondattam is usually salted and sun-dried vegetable pieces that are ready to fry and eat. But apart from the usual Kondattam dishes, Chicken pieces are not sun-dried, but we use dry red chili flakes as one of the main ingredients which add the spicy flavor to the dish.
Red Chili Flakes
Long red chilis are sun-dried for many days till it completely gets rid of water. This is then slightly ground to form red chili flakes. Grinding it too much would make it in the powdered form.
- 500 grams chicken, pieces
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry red chili flakes
- as per taste salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the ginger-garlic paste:
- 5 - 6 cloves garlic
- 1 piece ginger, medium-sized
- The first step is to marinate chicken pieces. So, add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt to the chicken pieces and mix well to make sure that the curry powders spread evenly throughout the chicken pieces. Keep it aside for about thirty minutes.
- Now, add the required amount of oil to a hot pan. Once the oil is hot, add the marinated chicken pieces to this and shallow fry the pieces. Be sure to close the pan with a lid while frying the pieces. This is to ensure that the chicken pieces cook perfectly.
- Once the fried chicken pieces are removed from the pan, remove the excess oil from the pan, leaving just about two tablespoons of oil in it.
- To the same pan, add the chopped onion and saute well. Some amount of salt can be added to speed up the process of sauteing.
- Meanwhile, grind ginger and garlic to form a paste. Now, add this to the pan and mix well with the onion.
- To this mixture, add dark soy sauce and mix well. Now add the fried chicken pieces to this and spread the mix evenly throughout.
- To the chicken pieces, add red chili flakes and tomato sauce. Add salt as per taste if required at this point and mix well. This makes the Spicy Chicken Kondattam ready to eat. Happy eating!!
Main IngredientsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Different Stages of PreparationClick thumbnail to view full-size
Spicy Chicken Kondattam
How to Make Spicy Chicken Kondattam
Rate the Recipe
Check Out My Other Chicken Recipes
- A Homemade Easy and Tasty Chicken Biriyani: Kerala S...
Biriyani is a mixed rice dish of Indian origin. There is a lot of variety of Biriyani recipes. Of all those, Chicken Biriyani is the most popular. If you are passionate about cooking, then this recipe is a must-try. So here comes an easy homemade Chi
- How to Make Delicious Dragon Chicken at Home : A Sim...
The new year is here. Let us start celebrating this year in no time. Would you love to cook something delicious with chicken this season? If yes, then here is a simple Dragon Chicken recipe for you.
© 2020 Heera