Island Bites: Double Chocolate & Butterscotch chips Cookies
Me Want Cookies!
Satisfy your inner Cookie Monster. Take a bite of one of these soft and chewy double chocolate cookies! These delicious cookies are made with cocoa and chocolate chips. But what make these really decadent is the salty touch of the butterscotch chips.
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tbs brewed coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant coffee or espresso powder
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
Me want more cookies!
Try these Puerto Rican shortbread cookies.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and dark brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, brewed coffee and vanilla extract until well combined.
- In another bowl, combine together flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk gently.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Do not over mix.
- Add the chocolate chips and the butterscotch chips and mix until incorporated.
- Line baking sheet with parchment. Scoop and roll the dough into balls. Place on the baking sheet. Leave about 2 inches of space between cookie.
- Bake at 350 for 12 to 13 minutes. Let them cool completely before serving.
- Island Bites: White Chocolate & Strawberry Cupcakes
Moist and fluffy white chocolate cake with a fresh strawberry frosting. A delicious treat for this classic combination fans!
- Island Bites: Amaretto Mini Cheesecakes
This recipe adds a nutty twist to a classic dessert. It is a delicious treat for cheesecake lovers.
- Island Bites: Tropical Coconut Cupcakes
These coconut cupcakes are light and fluffy with a touch of spices.