Island Bites: White Chocolate Cupcakes & Strawberry Frosting
This is a moist and fluffy white chocolate cake with a fresh strawberry frosting. A delicious treat for this classic combination fans!
- 5 to 8 fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup butter or vegetable shortening
- 1 1/4 powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Puree strawberries. Set aside.
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, whisk the flour and salt together.
- Add the milk and mix. Turn on heat and cook over medium heat, whisking occasionally until the mixture has thickened into a paste. Remove from heat.
- Let it cool some minutes. Then, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Cream butter (or shortening) and sugar with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add the flour and milk paste and the vanilla extract. Beat until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Fold in the strawberry puree until combined.
White Chocolate Cupcakes
- 3 cups self-rising flour, sifted
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 8 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups, plus 2 tbs milk
- Preheat oven at 325F. Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate by heating in 30 seconds intervals. Cook only until the chocolate is smooth when stirred. (You could also melt your chocolate in a double boiler on the stove top.)
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar for about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add melted white chocolate and vanilla extract. Combine.
- Add the flour and the milk in alternating additions, starting and ending with the flour. Mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly into prepared cupcake pan.
- Bake at 325F for about 18 to 20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
Cupcake decorating tips:
- Island Bites: Halloween Cupcakes (recipes and decorating ideas)
Cupcakes are a great way to celebrate any occasion. This time, we are going to dress them up to spook everybody. Let's make some Halloween cupcakes!
- Island Bites: How to make professional looking cupcakes
You love the picture perfect cupcakes you buy at a shop, but every time you make them at home the result is not even close. What are you doing wrong?
Do you like white chocolate?
Recipes you may like:
- Island Bites: Vegan Almond Cupcakes
This is a delicious vegan recipe. It has no eggs and no dairy products. The cupcakes are light and fluffy.
- Island Bites: Vanilla Cupcakes with Nutella Buttercream
This recipe is perfect for nutella lovers. The cupcakes are light and fluffy and filled with delicious nutella. But that's not all. The cupcakes are frosted with a creamy nutella buttercream.
- Island Bites: Almond Cupcakes
Light and fluffy almond cupcakes recipe.
- Island Bites: Coconut Cupcakes
Light and fluffy coconut cupcakes recipe.