Jamaican Recipies (Jamaican Rice)
Jamaican Cook up Rice Recipes
Jamaican recipes are always fun, and its quickly gaining popularity across the U.S., for good reason. Jamaican dishes are hearty, flavorful and interesting. This Jamaican food recipe is for cook up rice.
Cook up rice is a one pot meal consisting of whatever vegetables happen to be in the kitchen. You may wish to use red beans, peas or squash. Absolutely what ever your heart desires.
Rate This Recipe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 green or red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 8-10 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2-1 scotch bonnet peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 cups winder squash (butternut, red kuri, or West Indian pumpkin) or sweet potato, diced peeled
- 2 tablespoons parsley, dried
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups leafy greens (kale, chared, or spinach), chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil. Add the onion, bell pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, and Scotch bonnet pepper. Cook, stirring, for 5-7 minutes over medium high heat. Add 2 1/4 cups water, the coconut milk, rice, squash, parsley, thyme, allspice, and salt and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes over low heat.
- Fluff the rice and stir in the greens. Let stand for about 10 minutes before serving.
More Recipes Worth Trying
- Jamaican Chicken Curry
jamaican chicken curry ,chicken rice scotch bonnet peppers caribbean ethnic. jamaican red stripe beer. Chicken Curry -only better.
- Haitian Hot Pot Reicpe
Haitian Hot Pot. Haitian Recipe. Easy recipies
- Spicy Chicken Wings; Great Super Bowl Recipe
Spicy Chicken wings, a great Superbowl treat.
- Real Boston Clam Chowder Recipe
A real Boston Clam Chowder recipe. This is the best clam chowder you will ever eat. Of all the chowder recipes I have tried, this one is simply the best. Clams, Sour dough bread, just like in The Fisherman's Monterey California.
Link To All My Hub Pages
- Skarlet at HubPages
I write many Hebpages on various subjects including classic Hollywood and vintage everything. I also hubs on business, investing and various ways of generating income. I have also published books, and numerous articles online. Links to many of my pages can be found at the above address. Sincerely, Skarlet