- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Kodi Kura - Andhra Chicken Curry
Kodi kora is nothing but a simple traditional chicken curry from south of India from the state of Andhra Pradesh. This is cooked in most homes most of the times and is cooked in very simple style. One of the specialties of cooking from the state of Andhra Pradesh is they use shallots instead of normal onions. The use of shallots in cooking chicken dishes make the taste of their chicken dishes lots better than cooked in normal onions. The shallots have mild sweet flavor but if they are not in season or if you can not get them , then you can use normal red onions too. This recipe is easy to make and ingredients are easy to get.
- Chicken: 1 pound.
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 Tsp.
- Shallots / Button onions: 1 cup.
- Cardamom: 3
- Cinnamon sticks: 2 , 1 inch each.
- Cloves: 6
- Aniseed: 1 star.
- Water: 2 cups.
- Salt: to taste.
10. Oil for cooking.
11. Coriander leaves: chopped for garnishing.
- Coriander seeds: 1 tbsp.
- Dry Red Chilies: 6
- Fennel Seeds: 1 Tsp.
- Green cardamom: 2
- Cloves: 4.
Cinnamon sticks: 2 pieces of 1 inch each.
- Wash chicken thoroughly. Remove all blood and other things and cut in small pieces and keep aside.
- Pell the shallots.
- Now grind the shallots coarsely. Keep aside.
- Take a heavy base pan and dry roast all the ingredients kept for making paste.
- Now take them off the pan and let them cool.
- In a grinder put all the roasted ingredients with some water and grind in a paste. Keep aside.
- In the same pan heat 3 Tbsp. of oil.
- Add cardamom, cinnamon sticks, cloves and aniseed.
- Now add the grounded shallots and sauté till they are brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for couple of minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and mix well.
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add the paste we made along with salt and mix well.
- Now cover the pan with the lid and cook till the oil separates.
- Add 2 cups of water and cook till the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.
Try These Yummy Chicken Recipes too
- Chicken Kashmiri
Kashmiri chicken has its own unique taste and uses very simple ingredients. Kashmiri chicken is very soft and tender and has unique aroma of its own. Best dish in Kashmiri cuisine
- Coconut Chicken Masala
Coconut Chicken Masala is easy to make and do not take much time to cook. If you have all the ingredients ready as written here then it would not only give you great taste but also great aroma.
- Chicken Rogan Josh
Chicken Rogan Josh is a variation of Rogan josh and this one uses chicken instead of mutton. it has distinctive taste and Chicken Rogan Josh is eaten usually with naan, rotis, paranthas or rice.
- Chicken Wrap Recipe.
This can be used as a snack or as a lunch. Children like it very much and its ingredients are very easily available and it is very easy to make. It is light on stomach, less on calories and high on taste and health. A must for any woman with young ch