- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Kashmiri Chicken Recipe.
Kashimir is the northernmost state of India. It is a very beautiful place with simple people living there. Due to very good climate there are many things which are grown there only, like their saffron is world famous. They have also evolved their own cuisine which is called Kashmiri cuisine. They have their unique style of cooking and unique taste. This dish is very easy to make and is loved by all including children. The ingredients are easy to find and cheap to get. If they are not available in store nearby you then they can be easily brought from Ebay or Amazon.com
- Chicken Pieces: 2 pounds, skinned.
- Onion: 1 Medium, red, sliced.
- Ginger: ¼ inch piece of fresh ginger.
- Tomatoes: 3 large, pureed.
- Garlic: 6 cloves.
- Vegetable oil: 4 Tbsp.
- Bay leaves: 2
- Kashmiri Red chili powder: ¾ Tsp.
- Cloves: 4
- Green Cardamom pods: 6
- Black Cardamom pods: 2
- Ground Cumin: 1 Tsp.
- Ground coriander: 1 Tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Water: ¾ cup
- Coriander Leaves: chopped for garnishing.
- First of all wash the chicken pieces thoroughly under running water and remove all blood and other things from the chicken.
- In a blender put ginger and garlic along with little water and make a fine paste.
- Now take a large heavy base pan and heat oil in it.
- When the oil is heated, add all the spices like cloves, cardamom pods.
- Let them sputter for 15 seconds.
- Add onions to these and sauté them till they turn golden.
- Now put the ginger garlic paste in this and sauté till excess liquid has evaporated. Should take about 30 seconds or so.
- Now add ground cumin and ground coriander along with salt and tomatoes.
- Cook on medium flame till the oil is separated from the masala. It should take about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now add water and bring to boil.
- Taste for seasoning and add if more needed.
- Now add chicken pieces, mix well with mixture and cover the lid of the pan.
- Cook for another 25 minutes or so, till chicken is done.
- While chicken is being cooked, boil some water in a pan.
- Now when chicken is cooked, take the lid off and splash the boiled water on the chicken.
- Add water if too gravy is too thick and bring to boil. If water is excess then evaporate it.
- Transfer it in to a serving bowl/ dish.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with Roti or rice.
More Yummy Chicken Recipes
- Tuscan Chicken Recipe.
Tuscan chicken is a popular chicken dish in the Korean region. It is dry so no gravy in this chicken. It is usually eaten in dinner. This recipe of chicken has lots of tomatoes and mushrooms in it along with some other vegetables so it is healthy foo
- Chicken Do Piaza Recipe.
Chicken Do Piaza goes back to Mughal era of India. How did this dish got his name no one knows but it is thought that Mulla Do Piaza ( a minister in court of Great emperor Akbar) invented it but this looks like a myth because Mulla Do piaza was not a
- Recipe Fried Chicken.
Fried chicken is one of the most popular way how chicken is eaten all over world. Fried chicken is not only easy to make but also very tasty. This is deep friend chicken with lots of taste and Yummy
- Chicken And Orange Salad Recipe.
This is also known as Roast Chicken Salad with Orange Dressing. It is very easy to make. Takes only a few minutes to make and is very healthy. It has got right combination of meat, vegetables and fruits. It is very tasty and children would love to ea