Mushrooms, Bell Pepper And Peas recipe
I posted another recipe calledMushroom Bhajji. It was pretty much liked by my friends here on Hubpages and on Facebook. They encouraged me to write variation of this healthy and tasty recipe so I came up with a modification of Mushroom Bhajji recipe. To the ingredients of Mushroom Bhajji I added yellow bell pepper and red bell pepper along with peas and it was totally different dish with totally different taste. It is now more tastier and healthier as now there are so many other colors added to the main dish and these days it is advised to have as many natural colors in food ingredients as much as possible as each color food has different benefits for the body.
1. Mushrooms: white, button shaped 300 grams/ 10 oz
2. Bell Pepper: Red Coloured Half.
3. Bell Pepper: Yellow coloured Half.
4. Olive Oil or Sunflower Oil: 4 Tbsp.
5. Shelled Peas: 60 grams/ 2 Oz.
6. Red Onion: 1 finely chopped.
7. Red / green Chilly: 1 finely chopped.
8. Garlic: Puree 2 Tbsp.
9. Cumin Seeds: Grounded and roasted: 1 Tsp
10. Coriander Powder: 1 Tsp.
11. Red Chilli Powder: ½ Tsp.
12. Water : 4 Tbsp.
13. Mint Leaves to Garnish.
14. Tomato Puree: 1 Tbsp
15. Salt to taste.
1. First of all take yellow and red bell peppers. Cut each in half. Put other half in fridge and roughly chop the other half.
2. Now wash the mushroom thoroughly.
3. Cut them roughly in thick slices.
4. Take a heavy base pan and put on high heat.
5. Heat oil.
6. Put onions in the oil and cook for couple of minutes.
7. Add finely chopped chillies and cook for another 3 minutes.
8. Now take the pan away from the heat for couple of minutes, this way onions would be soft but wont get brown.
9. Add garlic puree and bring pan again to heat.
10. Cook for another couple of minutes on low heat.
11. Add both kind of bell pepper and peas.
12. Cook for couple of minutes.
13. Now add roughly chopped mushrooms, tomato puree and salt in the pea mixture.
14. Mix thoroughly so all the ingredients mix well.
15. Reduce heat to low and sprinkle water on this.
16. Cover pan and cook on simmer for about 5 minutes.
17. Remove cover and stir for a half a minute.
18. This should thicken the sauce, but if it is still runny then cook for another couple of minutes on medium heat uncovered.
19. Garnish it with mint leaves.
20. Serve hot with naan or rotis.
More Hubs From me
- Mushroom Bhajji
My personal favourite in vegetables is mushroom. Mushrooms are not only easy to digest but are very healthy. Here I am going to put one easy recipe of mushroom. Mushroom is easy to get and it got nice colour and texture and makes a very appealing dis
- Tuscan Chicken
Tuscan chicken is a popular chicken dish in the Korean region. It is dry so no gravy in this chicken. It is usually eaten in dinner. This recipe of chicken has lots of tomatoes and mushrooms in it along with some other vegetables so it is healthy foo
- Pesto and Ricotta Chicken
This recipe involves a very good combination of cheese and chicken. It may not be as healthy as some other chicken dishes but in taste it is second to none. When cooked the dish is mouth watering and when served right it is very pleasing to eye. Agai
- Rogan Josh
Rogan Josh is the most famous of the Kashimiri cuisine. Kashmir is the northern most part of India and it is supposed to be the most beautiful place on earth. This dish has a very nice aroma which invokes feeling of hunger inside you and dish is equa
- Prawns In Sesame Seeds
Prawns are very healthy meat. They are very rich source of not only proteins but also omega 3 fatty acids which is very good for the heart. Also prawn meat is very light on calories so it is very good for the people who are trying to loose weight. Ch