Tuscan Chicken Recipe
Tuscan chicken is a popular chicken dish in the Korean region. It is dry so no gravy in this chicken. It is usually eaten in dinner. This recipe of chicken has lots of tomatoes and mushrooms in it along with some other vegetables so it is healthy food though it may not be as healthy as my last recipe Chicken, vegetable and ginger salad. Since this recipe uses saffron as ingredient so it has very rich colour and aroma. A must try.
1. Chicken: 4 portions skinned.
2. All purpose flour: 2 Tbsp.
3. Olive oil: 3 tbsp
4. Red Onion: 1 chopped.
5. Garlic: 2 cloves finely chopped.
6. Salt to taste.
7. Pepper to taste.
8. Red Bell Pepper: 1 seeded and chopped.
9. Saffron Threads: A pinch.
10. Chicken stock: 150 ml / 5 fl. Oz
11. Tomatoes canned: 400 grams / 1 pound chopped.
12. Sun dried Tomatoes in oil: 4 drained and finely chopped.
13. Portobello Mushrooms: 225 grams / ½ pound sliced.
14. Black Olives: 120 grams / 4 oz.
15. Lemon Juice: 4 Tbsp.
16. Basil Leaves to garnish.
17. Crusty bread to serve.
1. Take a shallow plate and put all purpose flour on it.
2. Season it with salt and pepper.
3. Now coat the chicken in this flour.
4. Shake off excess flour from the chicken.
5. Now take a large flameproof casserole.
6. Heat olive oil in it.
7. Keeping on medium heat, add chicken to the oil.
8. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes turning frequently.
9. Cook until the chicken turns golden brown.
10. Now remove chicken form casserole and keep aside.
11. Reduce the heat and add onions, bell pepper and garlic to the casserole.
12. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
13. While you cook the bell pepper, in another utensil containing chicken stock add saffron and stir.
14. Now in the casserole add tomatoes with its juice, sun dried tomatoes, olives and mushrooms.
15. Cook for 3 minutes.
16. Now add chicken stock to which saffron was added.
17. Stir in Lemon Juice.
18. Bring to boil.
19. Now add the chicken which was set aside to this mixture.
20. Now cover the casserole.
21. Pre heat the oven to 180 C or 350 F.
22. Place casserole in it for one hour.
23. Chicken should be tender by now.
24. If not then keep it for some time more till it is tender.
25. Garnish it with basal leaves.
26. Serve with pasta and crusty bread.
Tip: You can add dry white wine in chicken stock too but make sure that total quantity of chicken stock and white wine is not more than 150 ml.
Whats your thoughts about Tuscan Chicken
More Recipes from me
- Chicken Mushroom soup
Mushrooms are my favorite. You can literally add them to any dish or soup. Mushrooms are easily available all over the world. They are cheap and healthy and easy to digest and lend great taste to the dish. Mushrooms should be washed thoroughly before
- Chicken And Noodle Soup
A very healthy soup, easy to make and is usually well liked by children. It doesn't have many spices so easy on palate and stomach. A very tasty appetizer.
- Fish Tikka
Fish tikka is one of the authentic Indian cooking. This dish is definitely Punjabi and since there is no sea near Punjab so only fresh water fish is used in this dish. Fish Tikka is famous now in all over India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and in parts of wo
- Mussels with mustard seeds and shallots
Mussels can be found all over the world . They can be sea water or fresh water mussels. Despite mussels are found in abundance all over the world yet not many people eat them. They are not only delicious to eat but also healthy. Before cooking mussel
- Prawn and Pineapple Tikka
Prawn and Pineapple Tikka is one of very tasty dish. Pineapple gives this dish a definitely tangy taste while prawns are hot and spicy. This dish is not only healthy as it not only has prawns but also combine meat with fruit, but is also very yummy a
- Chicken Korma
Chicken Korma is a very tasty dish from South of India and since it is from South India so it is full of calories. If you are not watching your weight then you should try this dish. Very tasty and this dish is little dry in consistency as compared to
- Mushroom Bhajji
My personal favourite in vegetables is mushroom. Mushrooms are not only easy to digest but are very healthy. Here I am going to put one easy recipe of mushroom. Mushroom is easy to get and it got nice colour and texture and makes a very appealing dis
- Balti Chicken
Balti chicken is one of the main dish from Indian cusine. It gets its name balti chicken because it is served in a Balti ( small bucket). It is not only very tasty dish but it is easy to prepare and don’t take hours or extra ordinary skills to make.
- Chicken vegetable and ginger salad
This recipe can be used as an appetizer or as a snack. Since this dish has vegetables and white meat so this is as healthy as it can get. This is one dish which comes as a blessing for those mothers who always complain that their children eat nothing