Mussels Cooked in the Instant Pot!
Garlic & Butter Mussels
Mussels contain 146 calories per 3-ounce serving, and also supply 20.23 grams of protein. Most of the 3.81 grams of fat are in the form of heart-healthy unsaturated fats, making them a nutritious addition to your diet. You also get a good amount of certain vitamins and minerals that help support your health.
Time to get an Instant Pot
Instant Pot Mussels
Another ridiculously easy recipe! Mussels are done quickly and loaded with flavor in your instant pot. You can do 1-2 pounds of mussels or whichever you prefer. You can make this recipe in the 6 or the 3 quart Instant Pots.
I did this recipe for my family and just served it with a simple salad, but you could really add anything you like. And depending on the spices you use, you may want to add other sides.
Muscles tend to be an acquired taste, personally, I don't care for them, but people I love do. So we make them.
- Instant Pot 6 or 3 quart size
- 1-2 lbs Mussels
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1-2 cups broth Chicken or Vegetable
- Spices optional/your choice
Mussels Ready to Eat!
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode, allow it to heat. While it heats up, mince 3-4 cloves of garlic.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of butter to the heated Instant Pot. Now you can add the spices you desire. If you want traditional garlic and butter mussels, you will want to saute the garlic for a minute or so, then add 1 cup of broth. Chicken or vegetable is best. If you'd rather have spicy mussels, add spice before you saute the garlic, cayenne pepper, chili powder, salt etc.
- Once you add the broth, give it all a good stir. Turn off saute mode, and set the Instant Pot for 5 minutes on high pressure. When the time is up, do a quick release.
- Serve hot on their own, or with buttered noodles, linguine, or red sauce with pasta.
Other Instant Pot Recipes
© 2018 Rebecca