Mutton Keema Recipe
Mutton Keema is a very tasty recipe, well, it is spicy as well. Keema means minced meat, this is a traditional dish mostly found in Asian nations, especially the South. Keema can be made from any meat and cooked in different ways such as stewing or frying. Keema is used as filling in the recipe of Samosa or naan or it is formed into kebabs or is simply savored as it is after cooked with various spices to have an outstanding taste. Here am sharing a simple Keema recipe made out of mutton which I generally prepare at my home. I recommend you to try this mouthwatering recipe with combinations such as butter naan or roti to have a great moment of meal.
Ingredients for Mutton Keema
- 1 kg Mutton minced
- 2 big Onions sliced
- 2 big Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Tbsp Ginger paste
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Past
- 2 Tbsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 cup oil
- Salt to taste
- Few Coriander leaves for garnishing
- 1 glass water
How to make Mutton Keema
- Heat oil in a wok or kadhai and fry the sliced onions till it becomes transparent.
- Now add the minced meat and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger paste, garlic paste, coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric powder and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and keep stirring for few more minutes.
- Add 1 glass of water and salt and mix them all properly and close the lid and cook for 15 more minutes. Occasionally open lid and stir the contents slowly.
- Now remove the lid and keep stirring till the water completely dries up and the oil starts leaving to sides.
- Delicious Mutton Keema is now ready, garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it hot with naan or roti.