My Husband's favorite dish! My Meatloaf!
Meatloaf all day everyday?
My husband says he can eat meatloaf all day everyday! I wanted to put together a recipe together that we all loved, so that I can make it the same way every time. This is the result of several experiments that my husband was happy to be a part of. We loved it! I used fresh spices from my mother-in-law's garden and some organic ingredients. I used Sofrito instead of mincing onion, garlic, and peppers, because I usually have Sofrito already made and in the refrigerator. The spices make this meatloaf flavorful and aromatic. From our family to yours, we hope you enjoy!
- 2 lbs Organic Ground Chuck Beef
- 2 hashbrowns, defrosted, diced, and crumbled (or 1 med potato- grated)
- 3 tbsp Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1tsp Fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dry, chopped fine
- 1 tsp Fresh dill or 1/2 tsp dry, chopped fine
- 1 tsp Fresh rosemary or 1/2 tsp dry, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp or as desired Salt
- 1/2 tsp or as desired Ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons Sofrito, or saute 1/4 onion (diced), 1 garlic clove(minced) and 1/4 bell pepper (diced) in butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp organic milk, (use more if the mixture is very dry)
- 1 tbsp Weber's Gourmet Burger seasoning, (Optional) but really tasty :)
- 1tsp Fresh Parsley, For garnish
- 5tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar, For the sauce
- 5tbsp Organic sugar, For the sauce
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder, For the sauce
- 1/2cup Ketchup (no high fructose corn syrup), (or use Heinz chili sauce;it's very tasty but not as good for you) For the sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. You can test the mixture by taking out a teaspoon full and cooking it in a pan. If the balance of flavors tastes right to you, then transfer into a meatloaf pan.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients and pour half of the sauce on the meatloaf and let the sauce get in between the glass and the meatloaf on all sides.
- Watch the meatloaf in the oven, periodically, so that you can make sure it's not drying out. If it looks like it is, add 1-2 tablespoons of water or the rest of the sauce to to the sides and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30-35 min on 375 F. Add the rest of the sauce and bake (if dry) or broil (if wet) for 10-15 more minutes. Cooking time depends on how wet or dry the mixture was and how powerful your oven is; please make sure to keep an eye on it. If you can stick a butter knife in it and it comes out clean and you can't see any pink inside then it's done. For example, I needed 15-20 more minutes, when I used a grated potato versus store bought hash browns. Another thing you can do if it is too wet, is to slice it after baking the meatloaf for the initial time and then baking or broiling it sliced for 10-15 minutes. Let the meatloaf stand for 10 min then slice, serve, and enjoy!
Great Products from Amazon
Sofrito is a mixture of vegetables that will add a great flavor to rice, meat, soups, and many other dishes! Many Latin dishes call for this combination of vegetables. I personally use it often and so I make a lot, save it in a jar, and scoop it out
- Hearty Rice with Bacon, Black Beans, and Corn.
This rice is a meal by itself. It's hearty and tasty! It's great for when you want to make food for a sick friend. You can make a big pot of this rice for your friend and she/he can feed him/herself and her/his family for almost a week! It's great fo
- Sweet and Tangy Apple Pie
I like this recipe because the lemon juice makes the taste remind me of sherbet and I love sherbet!It was also a hit with the family and I had to share it here.