Sweet and Tangy Apple Pie- A kids help recipe.
I like this recipe because the lemon juice makes the taste remind me of sherbet and I love sherbet!It was also a hit with the family and I had to share it here.
Sweet and Tangy Apple Pie
- 6 organic Fuji apples, Peeled, cored and cut into small pieces
- 2 Tablepoons All purpose organic Flour
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- the juice of one lemon, medium sized
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, or almond extract
- 2 deep dish pie crust, thawed
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. You can have the kids help peel and core the apples, if they are old enough to understand and follow directions. Always supervise their first attempts.
- Help the kids measure out the appropriate amounts. Mix the dry (sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg) ingredients in one bowl. Mix wet ingredients (lemon juice, vanilla extract) in another bowl.
- Add the Apples to a frying pan and cook on med low for a few minutes, then pour the wet ingredients evenly over the apples, then the dry ingredients. Mix everything and keep mixing it all over a med low temperature until the apples get evenly coated with the rest of the ingredients.
- Put the mix into the first pie crust.
- Take the second pie crust out of the foil, gently, and flatten it out onto a cutting board. Cut out long strips and place them on top of the pie in a lattice formation or whatever design you like. In this hub's picture, I let my son and step-daughter make happy faces with the crust :)
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes then bake at 350 for 20 more minutes.
- Let the pie cool for about 10 min. Serve with vanilla ice cream!! Yummy!
Other Great Recipes!
- Sweet and Sour Chicken and Veggies Empanadas
I love to make empanadas. My husband and I enjoy coming up with new things to fill them up with. I recently tried a sweet and sour chicken recipe that was delicious. So my husband says "I have the new empanada idea!" "that chicken you made, with carr
- Best Cornbread Recipe I Have Ever Tried!
This is the best cornbread recipe I have ever tried. I pride myself in being sort of a connoisseur of cornbread, and I have tried recipes that added corn, cheese, etc. Although, never before this recipe did I try one like it. It was given to me by my
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
We loved this recipe! It was easy to make and very delicious. This is perfect for any occasion.