Obey and Treat Your Sweet Tooth To Apple, Almond and Cinnamon Samoosas
- 3 green apples, chopped
- 4 red apples, chopped
- 50g almonds, chopped
- 100g sultana
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 kilogram ready-made samoosa pastry
- 4 tablespoons flour, water to mix into a paste
- oil for frying
Instructions for filling
- Heat thick based pot to moderate heat
- Adding margarine, almonds
- Allow to sizzle for 2 minutes until almonds have a golden tinge
- Add apples, cinnamon, sugar, salt, leave for 20 minutes, allow apples to soften
- Switch off the heat, add sultana’s leaving to steam in its own heat
- Allow to cool
Instructions for samoosa
1. Separate each layer of pastry, apply the flour paste to the edges of the pastry folding into a triangular shape creating a pocket to fill
2. Add 1 ½ teaspoon filling, and continue folding in triangular shape
3. Heat oil in a wok or deep frying pan with oil enough to cover samoosa, for best results I use Michelangelo 5 non-stick Wok
4. Fry each samosa for at least 3 minutes on both sides
5. Drain excess oil from samoosa on a paper towel
6. Ready to serve
1. You may portion the amount you require and the remaining package and freeze.
2. Freeze for up to 6 months.
3. During the week or weekends for function, social gathering, family snack just pull out from the freezer, fry and wala!
Serve with fresh cream as a dip
For more information on related articles, refer to the link provided below
- Comfort Pancakes! Fill Your Tastebuds
Fill your tastebuds with loads of deliciousness! You will be snacking on it for the rest of the day.
- Mouthwatering Mutton Curry With a Twist That Indulge...
Homemade recipes that brings joy to your tummy and spirit to your soul
- Easy Peasy Pancake Toast Made Easy!
So, quick and easy, you will put this recipe on your list as part of your meals for the week including the weekend. My kids love it!
- Satisfy Your Craving! Delightful Cabbage and Carrot ...
A fantastic vegetarian on the go savory meal, lunch or snack
- Sing With Me: “Sugar and Spice With All Things Nic...
Sugar and spice are packed with natural remedies. Here are some good to know facts...